Model Cars Magazine Forum

Talbot Lago Grand Prix

Twokidsnosleep

Really nice build you have there Scott, and the driver figure adds a touch of realism that transforms the scale model immensely. I have built this Heller kit and I think it can turn out extremely well when you put the effort in. Very much a classic racing car and several other kit manufacturers have produced this kit, such as SMER, Mistercraft and various different versions of the Heller kit. I might have to consider putting a driver figure in my Talbot-Lago GP now that I have seen yours Scott.

David

9 hours ago, bbowser said:

I love it!  Open wheel cars of any vintage are cool.  How was the Heller kit, I didn't realize it had an engine?

The first three letters of their name describes their kit:D I actually had fun with this as I love the subject and anticipated the extra work

This particular version has great wheels and decent details, very ready to upgrade. I cut out the mid section of body to allow me to close seams and get better fit. Then on glue up the nose didn’t seat all that great and I have a gap. IF I go back I can add to the bonnet and seal that up

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

Matt: I wish more kits came with figures...this guy doesn’t fit great in there as his arms were cast already

Robert: yep he is jammed down in there trying to hang on for dear life

Both Bruces: thanks guys for looking in on this. Yes there is an engine and it does well with a few mods

Tom: thanks pal

David: yes I love adding a figure and/or setting the model on a base...it adds so much to a build. Some of those other kits you mention have very skanky wheels/tires moulded as one, so be careful.

Dennis: ya get one, but, as above, careful of the wheels/tires.  This is the most recent Heller version of the kit

Gary: not everything gets out of the build process, in fact this is my first across the line for 2019

Ismael: I wrote a not to you below bud

Chris: thanks pal

Some bonus pictures with a better background that doesn’t have a jiz stain on it

38D6EBB3-BD1B-465F-A998-AD38EC919AAB.thumb.jpeg.f80144ab568bd3bfb40bfd6448e83b08.jpeg

9B55EE91-E8B3-4CB5-B1E5-B9D089FE8C7D.thumb.jpeg.223a5cfb930182d1fd29e19b3dc05c42.jpeg

BD79DE61-0DBB-4B01-A36F-83B76F79E71A.thumb.jpeg.e7388c1ea38950d84a71d783f8e1345e.jpeg46982453-D329-4FA0-926B-5734F8282CF4.thumb.jpeg.51048e301244a7188e7b52fda1505bd6.jpeg

Edited by Twokidsnosleep
Some thanks you’s

5 hours ago, ismaelg said:

The best Heller Talbot Lago  I've seen.  Everything is great but as I said before, the grille really does it for me!  Love it!

Super nice thing to say, thank you

I am not totally happy with it and there could be some improvements if I desire to do more work on it...meh

6 hours ago, Zoom said:

Yes! This was nice!

Hi Bo good to hear from you. These classics bring out the classy guys on the site;):D

5 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice!

Thanks Larry..they always could be better and I am my harshest critic

Edited by Twokidsnosleep