Model Cars Magazine Forum

Upcoming Moebius Ford Pickup Box Art Model?

5 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Was the builder's name Steve Goldman?

If so he does build test shots for Moebius, and did so in the past for Ertl too.

The only info on the ID card is what's in the picture.  I was over at the swap meet building when they closed the display area for judging so I didn't get to go back over.

6 hours ago, HomerS said:

As seen on the contest table in Columbus, OH yesterday.  No builder name or details on the sheet.

Meanwhile, in the Model Trucks: Truck Kit News & Reviews section...

Edited by Casey

22 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Because that's what the builder put on the info card...it says F-100 4x4.

14 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

It says 4x4 on the Entry Form.

Did not notice that. Still it doesn't look like a 4x4 to me. It sits way too low for a factory built 4x4. Plus does not have the correct front hubs, that 4x4 Fords would have come with back then. Without seeing more of the model, I question what's being hand written on an entry form. Maybe it is, but I'm questioning it. 

On 3/11/2019 at 11:41 PM, Zoom Zoom said:

Steve Goldman brought it to the show. He also had the 4x4, might have mixed up the forms.

Bob is correct, I brought the test shot 66 F-100 short bed and the 70 F-100 4x4 to the Columbus Show on Saturday.  They were next to each other on the table and I got the display forms switched.  Eventually we'll get a 4x4 version of the 66 F-100.   I was hoping to see Sean there but I didn't see him or any of his models on display.

-Steve