Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Rusty 66 Pro mod

NYLIBUD

I call it Swamp thing 2.Its just a basic 3D printed 66 Promod Nova.I tried weathering it,but I think I used too much rust.I love the real Swamp Thing,that car is insane.The model has a full chassis from a diecast pro stock car,and Pegasus top fuel rear slicks,,,but no motor.

IMG_7462.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

IMG_7463.JPG

IMG_7493.JPG

IMG_7494.JPG

Thank you very much.I was just testing things on this car,and decided to rust it out.Even though if it was a real car,it would be a fiberglass body..But I think much of the Swamp Thing is made out of fiberglass.And the rusty wrap looks wild to me.I mean it could also be the fact that the car has the narrowed cut roof line,as well.

Edited by NYLIBUD

• 8 months later...
42 minutes ago, Mike Williams said:

But I'd like to write this...what is going on here?

Do you offer any bench photos?

I feel you are wanting us to believe that you,  yourself as being the actual builder of these cars.

If you collect these in various stages of completion, no problem.

Everyone else here post photos of their won builds.

Just, you show up with a lot of half finished builds, lots having the same build phase shown....and that's it.

Let us please see some finished photos Ron, and not always other guys' work, OK?

If you've posted all of these cars in the "Under Glass" forum, then I'd like to apologize for my ignorance.

Um, not to be difficult, but why do u care?I admit I’ll start a build,and sometimes I get tired of it,and just move onto another project.Well thanks for the advice bud.

What da?   I don't see any issue with Ron's post.  He did the body weathering and posted it on top of a diecast chassis.  Looks good to me! 

And as far as finishing projects, some folks never finish one.  There are no rules!  I have probably 50 unfinished projects on my shelf.  They stall for different reasons.  I have made an effort to finish some of them in the past few years.    

On 3/11/2019 at 8:09 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Thank you very much.I was just testing things on this car,and decided to rust it out.Even though if it was a real car,it would be a fiberglass body..But I think much of the Swamp Thing is made out of fiberglass.And the rusty wrap looks wild to me.I mean it could also be the fact that the car has the narrowed cut roof line,as well.

I love the look of rat rod dragsters!!

Nice Build

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...