Model Cars Magazine Forum

Un -Monkeey

Pat Minarick

Started building this in 2012 , I've had lots of set backs on it .I think it was painted three times , the hood cracked a couple times trying to polish the paint out. I molded the hood in to make it stronger. Hope this fixes the problems with the hood . Going with a tilt front end. I'm only working on started projects, this one is next . It's getting finished even if it's an barn find custom. 

15522747568346254011693945936342.thumb.jpg.e5623a95863b6401f52ebe9cf4e1eb26.jpg

7 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Always like to see Monkee Mobile conversions! I think this kit has a lot of potential for wild custom projects. Built mine as a hardtop coupe a couple of years ago but I really like the station wagon idea! Nice wheel choice, too! Hope to see it finished soon!

Thanks , shouldn't take to much time .

2 minutes ago, Pat Minarick said:

It's been to long to remember ,but pretty sure it the Revell 67 Malibu wagon. That is the frame I used for sure.

Thanks. I have a built Monkeey kit I got as a door prize years ago. While it was built to a high standard I think I would like to do something different with it. Your wagon idea looks appealing so I'll be watching your build.