Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 70 Dodge Charger in Panther Pink

RDean58

13 minutes ago, shoopdog said:

That's looks extremely nice. What brand Panther Pink is that and is rattle can or airbrushed?

This is Testors' auto lacquer two part panther pink with Testors' ultra gloss clear. They are rattle cans.

Thanks!  I mean, there are some little does in it and if you look really close in real life (they don't show up in pictures) it's not perfect. I was painting it in a dusty environment and had some trouble with floating particles in the air. I have had really good results using the Testors' paints so the problems I've had with these (all my chargers) I think is caused by my painting area. However, since I live in South Dakota and there is snow all around me right now, this is the only place I can paint so will have to live with it until summer, if that ever comes :-)

The Panther Pink is sitting on it's wheels, I'm just waiting for the auto trans I ordered from B-N-L resins and the six pack setup I ordered from Fireball Model works.

70_PP_03.jpg

70_PP_04.jpg

How about a rainbow shot?

6870_GM_04.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed.

On 18.3.2019 at 3:45 PM, RDean58 said:

How about a rainbow shot?

6870_GM_04.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed.

What a great selection of sexy colors. There are some cars that will look good in just about ANY color, and the Charger definitely is one of those! 

I decided to get about 3 of these because of the left over engines I have from all the Charger kits I have. The 68 kit comes with 2 engines, a 440 and a 426 Hemi, both pretty much completed except there is only one transmission (a 4 speed). Since I wanted to use the engines in other kits I and could not find any resin 4 speeds, I'd go with some autos. I really like the B-N-L transmissions, they clean up easy and look good once attached to the engine. One is destined to go in the Panther Pink 70 Charger.

The way it shows up, a nice little 3 piece unit.

70_PP_BNL_Tran.jpg

After being assembled and painted and super glued to the back of a Revell 440 engine from a Charger kit.

70_PP_BNL_Tran2.jpg