[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      Board Maintenance   03/14/2019

      The board is going offline Saturday, May 25th, from 9 AM PDT until 3 PM for a software upgrade. See posting in General.
dimebolt

68 Hemi Dart w.i.p. Finally building again!!!

Recommended Posts

Here is finally my first real work in progress since late 2012. Wasn't really able to build for a long time, but I'm spending a few hours a day again and it feels great. 

20190218_191643.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good deal.  I have this one to build, I'll be watching this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Having an issue posting any more pictures for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think you can get it finished by the end of the month? If so, I invite you to come join the Bring Out Your Dead Completion Build. You CLEARLY qualify. 

If you can't get it done by then, and we do a Round 3 (ending at the end of June), you should be able to gitter done by then. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snake45, i just started this one about a month ago, lol. I haven't built anything else since late 2012. This one is all new. I'm not going to try to rush it, as I'm building this for a contest. Shooting for April 10th. Still for some reason tells me upload failed when I try to post pics. I've got quite a bit more progress made than what's in the pics that did go through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you hadn't worked on this model since 2012. Oops! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The start looks good and I love that purple. Is it Plum Crazy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a Sally Hanson nail polish called Rock Bottom. I have about 30 or so more pictures to upload, but it the upload fails every time I try to upload pictures. Managed to get two uploaded, but hasn't let me do it since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only letting me upload some of my pictures, but it's letting me get some in now. 

 

20190314_221654.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of these pics are just mocked up. Still have a ton of work to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dimebolt said:

It's only letting me upload some of my pictures, but it's letting me get some in now. 

 

20190314_221654.jpg

see you used Auto Air by cretex and tips on using that stuff and mixing love the car so far by the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, John Pol said:

see you used Auto Air by cretex and tips on using that stuff and mixing love the car so far by the way

John Pol, thank you. I didn't use the Createx on this .I am doing some experimenting with it on another car. Not really satisfied with the way it cures. Seems to take way too long to dry. But if you can get it to lay down smooth, I've found that I can spray it down with a coat of Testors wet look clear lacquer, it can then be handled after several hours, and wet sanded safely after a day. As far as mixing it has directions on the bottle. I don't have one handy at the moment, but it said, and I can't remember the sizes; that with a tip for bigger spray, you do not have to thin it. When I get to my bench I will give you more detailed instructions. 

Edited by dimebolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looking nice.. not a fan of purple but the colour combo works well for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scalper said:

looking nice.. not a fan of purple but the colour combo works well for this

Thank you. I really like the way these 2 colors go together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dimebolt said:

20190314_210216.jpg

This makes me wish we had a LIKE button here. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dimebolt said:

John Pol, thank you. I didn't use the Createx on this .I am doing some experimenting with it on another car. Not really satisfied with the way it cures. Seems to take way too long to dry. But if you can get it to lay down smooth, I've found that I can spray it down with a coat of Testors wet look clear lacquer, it can then be handled after several hours, and wet sanded safely after a day. As far as mixing it has directions on the bottle. I don't have one handy at the moment, but it said, and I can't remember the sizes; that with a tip for bigger spray, you do not have to thin it. When I get to my bench I will give you more detailed instructions. 

OK thanks that will helpful I`m using a passche H brush with a number 5 needle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now