Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Hemi Dart w.i.p. Finally building again!!!

dimebolt

Think you can get it finished by the end of the month? If so, I invite you to come join the Bring Out Your Dead Completion Build. You CLEARLY qualify. 

If you can't get it done by then, and we do a Round 3 (ending at the end of June), you should be able to gitter done by then. B)

Snake45, i just started this one about a month ago, lol. I haven't built anything else since late 2012. This one is all new. I'm not going to try to rush it, as I'm building this for a contest. Shooting for April 10th. Still for some reason tells me upload failed when I try to post pics. I've got quite a bit more progress made than what's in the pics that did go through. 

23 minutes ago, John Pol said:

see you used Auto Air by cretex and tips on using that stuff and mixing love the car so far by the way

John Pol, thank you. I didn't use the Createx on this .I am doing some experimenting with it on another car. Not really satisfied with the way it cures. Seems to take way too long to dry. But if you can get it to lay down smooth, I've found that I can spray it down with a coat of Testors wet look clear lacquer, it can then be handled after several hours, and wet sanded safely after a day. As far as mixing it has directions on the bottle. I don't have one handy at the moment, but it said, and I can't remember the sizes; that with a tip for bigger spray, you do not have to thin it. When I get to my bench I will give you more detailed instructions. 

Edited by dimebolt

4 hours ago, dimebolt said:

John Pol, thank you. I didn't use the Createx on this .I am doing some experimenting with it on another car. Not really satisfied with the way it cures. Seems to take way too long to dry. But if you can get it to lay down smooth, I've found that I can spray it down with a coat of Testors wet look clear lacquer, it can then be handled after several hours, and wet sanded safely after a day. As far as mixing it has directions on the bottle. I don't have one handy at the moment, but it said, and I can't remember the sizes; that with a tip for bigger spray, you do not have to thin it. When I get to my bench I will give you more detailed instructions. 

OK thanks that will helpful I`m using a passche H brush with a number 5 needle