Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Chevy Coupe Resin

59 Impala

I'm starting to work on this 51 coupe.  I got it at our show last Saturday and it was started as a drag car.  Well, I wanted a stock coupe and here are some pics of what has been done so far.  I also made the chrome trim for the sides and in the last picture you can see how that turned out.  There is still a lot of work that needs to be done.  Stay tuned.

Dan

IMG_0590.JPG.a610928cfd2ee8b0c6dc18f1cdbab25b.JPGIMG_0595.JPG.bca71aa1e0978c2da8ccf554c8827129.JPGIMG_0598.JPG.d9db695ebc5490916ebaa602e6c042fd.JPGIMG_0600.JPG.21371989a5b6b04d797ea7ce5ed2098f.JPGIMG_0603.JPG.bc5a2e07b3317c0e8c195aa0687c4c33.JPG

Another possible source could be the Revell '50 Oldsmobile. The base 88 and the Chevrolet are the same vehicle with the Olds. getting heavier reinforced body panels. Some of the early Olds Drag Racers used to use Chevrolet Doors and Trunk lids to cut down on weight. Foe this built that kit might offer some shapes you could use.  

I've got most of the parts from the parts box and I'm waiting for different interior sides and rear seat.  The ones I have are from the convertible witch are different than the hardtop or sedan.  Also, the tie rod assembly was missing from the build and that piece is also in waiting from one of the guys in our club.

Dan

Thanks guys.  I'm waiting for a friend to get the interior from the hard top instead of using the convertible interior.  I should have the parts this Friday night.  Meanwhile, I'm working on the engine and chassis.  I need to weather these.

Dan

Thanks David.  I'm looking for interior parts from either the Fleetline or the hardtop.  Mainly the side panels and the rear seat.  The convertible parts that I have are different and for the convertible.  If I have to I will use these parts but I'd rather use parts from the other two cars and not the convertible.  I'm going to a show tomorrow in Lancaster Ohio and see if I can come up with what I need.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...