Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone else watching the Netflix F1 series?

I'm not a big fan of modern F1 racing, but I was looking for something to watch with supper and tried the first episode. I stopped after three last night, but I'll certainly be watching the rest. With pretty amazing access, you get to see quite a lot of what's really going on before, during and after the races, and every side of Formula One. Each episode focuses on a specific character or two, and some specific story -- the last one I watched was Daniel Ricciardo and his amazing dogged drive to stay in front at Monaco... there's more of him to come, I'm sure. If you're someone who enjoyed reading Driven or No Angel or Burning Rubber or The Mechanics Tale, or watching Senna or Rush, then give it go...

best,

M.

I've seen the first 3 episodes and it's very well done. My only complaint is they inserted a lot of fake engine/crash/curb sounds that are significantly louder than the commentary. Almost every other post on the Reddit Formula1 page is from new fans who watched the documentary and want to learn more about F1, so I'm pretty sure Liberty Media is happy with their ROI so far. 

I am an F1 fan and have also been watching. It is good timing as it’s right before the new season but still relevant to lasts’ where you remember the details. Almost a documentary of last season and behind the scenes; agree though might have been funded by Liberaty media. But if there is more fans then more coverage and more access at least to the US viewer base.