Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ryan Blaney's #21 Virginia Tech Ford Fusion

ClayK

I've been working on this off and on the last few months. Hope to have it wrapped up soon. This is the #21 Ryan Blaney Wood Brothers Ford he ran in two races in 2016.

I believe I used the Danica Revell glue Ford kit. Pretty much box stock. I did add Mike's Decals carbon fiber decals to the seat, and dash. Body was painted with a mix of Gravity Colors red and maroon. Then cleared with Omni 2 part clear, and polished out. The VT decals are from Ace Decals. A fantastic set of decals. They went on great, and fit really well. The tires and wheels are th kit ones just sanded and detailed. Ryan's car had a unique set of wheel stripes at both of those races, so I tried to capture that. Double neon red lines on the front, and wide, white ones on the back.

A few body details, and I can do final assembly, and finish this one up.

P1015240z-vi.jpg

P1015291z-vi.jpg

P1015294z-vi.jpg

P1015297z-vi.jpg

P1015293z-vi.jpg

And I plan to use some Pro Tech hood pins to finish it off.

P1015298z-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Clay

Thanks everyone....this one is done!

I added some scratch built antennas, and some decal window tabs to the front window. As well as the Pro Tech hood pins and as sheet plastic front splitter. The rest is pretty much box stock.

P1015308z-vi.jpg

P1015309z-vi.jpg

P1015311z-vi.jpg

P1015312z-vi.jpg

P1015313z-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

CK

• 2 months later...

Great looking build. I'm a big Wood Brothers fan and an even bigger Hokie Fan. Don't do to many new cars so I have a couple of questions. Where do you get the tire stripe material? And how do you lower the stance? I'm working on this car now, if it ends up looking half as nice as yours I'll be satisfied. Again Beautiful stuff.