Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Modlbldr

70's Chevy and GMC pickup hood ID

I have several different Chevy and GMC pickups from 67-72 that I bought in a lot of built ups a year ago.  I have the 71 racer's wedge, a couple of the 71 or 72 Chevy Cheyennes , the 72 Fleetside, the 71 Cheyenne longbed stepside and the 71 GMC stepside. So, while looking for a hood to send to Scott8950, I found two hoods that are a bit shorter than the others. I have nothing that these two hoods fit but was wondering what kits they go to. Here are a couple of photos for ID purposes.

The black one on the left works for everything that I have. The two that are short are like the silver one on the right. The width is fine but they are a hair short.

http://IMG_20190315_074447740.jpg

Again, short one on the right. It has a cut out for a hole.

http://IMG_20190315_074500763.jpg

Can anyone tell me what kit it is for?

Later-

I'm pretty certain the hood on the right is from the AMT Blazer/GMC Jimmy.  The pickup hoods never had a cut line on the underside.

Mark,

You are right. I don't know why when I was trying all of my parts and swapping stuff that I did not see that. I could have sworn that I tried them on my Blazer bodies and had myself convinced that they didn't work. Man, it sucks getting old!!

Thanks for the help and holding my hand through the process. I feel so ashamed!

Later-