Model Cars Magazine Forum

Something old and something new. Same as HH post. PICs

Terry Love

I finished my latest build over the weekend. I am trying to do more detail and better quality work. Not so much for contest but for myself. The first picture is what I finished this weekend. The next are pictures of it setting next to the same kit that I built 12 years ago. When you look at the picture of the two engine bays, you will just have to remember that on the old one I wasn't going for correct colors. I have no idea where I came up the the green for the injectors and the blue for the air box. I honestly have no recollection of why I painted it those colors. Anyway, I am please with my new addition. There are things that I could have done better but over all it's a much better result than other one. I guess my involvement in the MCMA and this board has resulted in better building.

1838348_IMG-vi.jpg

1838350_IMG-vi.jpg

1838353_IMG-vi.jpg

1838354_IMG-vi.jpg

1838356_IMG-vi.jpg

Thanks William. I put a space where an IMG should be. I hate it when I do that.

Brian, These are great kits just like everything Tamiya does. I useed the photoetched sets from Scale Motorsports and Studio 27. Although they had some duplicate items there were still enough differences to make it worth it plus I have a lot of extra part for some kits that don't have photoetched available.