[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
DiscoRover007

Difference between Vallejo Acrylic Gloss Varnish vs Vallejo Acrylic Polyurethane Gloss

Hey guys just wanted to get some people to chime in on the difference between these? My understanding is that Acrylic Poly is a much more durable finish and dries quicker.  Would it still be compatible with Vallejo's regular thinner?

What I'm looking to do is to find a suitable acrylic clear for carbon fiber decals. I have a few models that don't have aftermarket carbon decal template support.  So my plan is to use SMS clear carbon decals over a vallejo metallic gunmetal coat. Then clear coat that with one of these products. Once cured I'll mask those areas and respray the interior tub my color of choice.   I use vallejo air paints religiously for interior paints now and I figure all of these in brand paints would be compatible. I've found that X-22 dissolves vallejo and I don't trust the runny nature of Future Floor Wax.

So for this sort of application would i be better off with the regular acrylic gloss varnish or the tougher acrylic polyurethane ? Secondly do these paints actually gloss well and hold a shine? Comparable to a future or enamel finish? I assume they dont gloss as well as Lacquer

There's several similar products from Vallejo as far as I can tell. And there also seem to be products from the old range aswell as the current one on the market. Therefore I suggest that you specify the Vallejo product no.'s in question (e.g. something like "62064"), as that surely will help to solve these mysteries of Vallejo... ;)

52 minutes ago, Tommy124 said:

There's several similar products from Vallejo as far as I can tell. And there also seem to be products from the old range aswell as the current one on the market. Therefore I suggest that you specify the Vallejo product no.'s in question (e.g. something like "62064"), as that surely will help to solve these mysteries of Vallejo... ;)

I actually just found out that Vallejo has come out with Acrylic spray paint. So i might give those a shot. They have, black, gunmetal, and a gloss clear coat. Sounds like exactly what I could use.