Model Cars Magazine Forum

`66 Ford F100 release

I could see a few 4x4 `66 flareside pick ups showing up

before too long for sure!?!  And I'm hoping that a bed will

follow of the standard type, or non-flareside, or whatever!

The future is looking bright, I think for sure!!

David S.

21 hours ago, mod3l Lover said:

I could see a few 4x4 `66 flareside pick ups showing up

before too long for sure!?!  And I'm hoping that a bed will

follow of the standard type, or non-flareside, or whatever!

The future is looking bright, I think for sure!!

David S.

Stick with them, and I suspect that you will see most or all of those (or at least the components to kitbash 'em together) eventually.....but it may be a few years.....and (of course) as long as each of the new kits sell well when they are introduced.....TIM 

This is the one I've been waiting for, the longbed styleside!   Hopefully, it is the longbed like the photo depicts.  It appears to be taken from a Ford ad,  which  practically always used Custom Cab longbeds, but the color  was changed  from Marlin Blue to Tropical Turquiose. But, Moebius does have a history of using box art that doesn't match reality. 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by leafsprings

Just revisited the Pegasus homepage, the Styleside is listed as coming soon, &  price is $35.99, no other info as yet.  I hope it is a short bed version....:D

Not listed on the Mobius homepage as of today...

Edited by thatz4u

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mk11 said:

Good revue. Hope the '71 ranger tailgate at 3:06 isn't being recycled for the '65/'66  :P

mike

Yes. Chris does a great job with the reviews. Can’t wait to see what is actually going to be included with the service truck. I do believe they can be pre ordered on model roundups website. I pre ordered the 65 Dyno Don comet. I’m still undecided on the truck kit, as I was disappointed with the 70 4x4 kit. Now that Fireball makes the conversion kit, it’s hard to find a 4x4 kit that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I really have to start buying TWO of everything anymore. 

Thanks for posting revue. Very impressed with the quality of pieces and way it came together. He did mention possibilities of the creation of a F 200 and F 300, meaning F 250 F 350 . The F 250 would be a very easy do when the standard 8' bed is issued ( definitely will buy several of this issue Moebius ),  but the F 350 would require much more work. Ford kept the old school  straight front axle and  leaf springs for '65 and '66 F 350's, also front fenders have a larger  cut out wheel opening, used '63 style emblems, and   6 lug wheels..

IMG_5377.JPG