Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 68 Chevelle

yellowsportwagon

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/26/2020 at 5:39 PM, Radar43 said:

Here are some pics of the car and there is no spoiler on the car.  I feel it would be OK to leave it off.  Just my two cents.

Friday_Hassler 1968 Chevelle.jpg

gettyimages-144035457-2048x2048.jpg

tumblr_priamhDATN1qelkhfo1_1280.jpg

Well just cause you don’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. It was there.Trust me I research my builds for months before doing them.

CEABF7FE-EBDA-4583-802A-04010FBB9092.jpeg

1E5110DC-3A5F-4B79-86FF-21D1614DF4EC.jpeg

6225169C-40A7-4922-A7DA-91C0E4473AFA.jpeg

Edited by yellowsportwagon

On 7/26/2020 at 4:11 PM, Radar43 said:

Tim that is a beautiful build! I have watched that car run, great job.  Did you create the #44 decals for the 1972 Richard Brown Monty Carlo?  If so, would you be willing to sell several sets?  

Those number decals came in the Model King reissue 72 Monte stock car kit. Problem is it was meant to be a 4 on the decal set. So you need two sets.

Well just cause you don’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. It was there.Trust me I research my builds for months before doing them.

yellowsportswagon, I`m sorry but I feel I upset you with my words. That never was my desire to upset or offend you. The "gift that you have" in being able to see a race car and having the vision, and ability to build that car is "phenomenal". I am a student of your work and so many others that post here. I do trust you and your research. The attention to detail you put into each build shows the time and effort you put into your research of that build. I had hoped to encourage you with those pics I posted. Some day I do hope to have the ability to build a race car as nice as you are able to do.  With the greatest of respect, Radar43. 

8 hours ago, Radar43 said:

yellowsportswagon, I`m sorry but I feel I upset you with my words. That never was my desire to upset or offend you. The "gift that you have" in being able to see a race car and having the vision, and ability to build that car is "phenomenal". I am a student of your work and so many others that post here. I do trust you and your research. The attention to detail you put into each build shows the time and effort you put into your research of that build. I had hoped to encourage you with those pics I posted. Some day I do hope to have the ability to build a race car as nice as you are able to do.  With the greatest of respect, Radar43. 

No harm man. Did you see my info in the 44 car decals? For the most part spoilers were used on most cars from 67 on. 

30 minutes ago, Radar43 said:

Thank You Sir! I hold no ill will. Yes I saw the message on the decals. I have those kits in storage so I do not have to purchase them for the build. Thank You for the information.

Do yourself a favor and spray a couple coats of Testors decal bonder in them old decals before use. A couple of mine fell apart and had to find replacements.

19 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

It a 100 micron stainless filter. I got them on eBay. They are 3 inch round filters. It was a pack of 25 or so

What are they used for in real life?  Can you think of any other place they might be sold? 

• 2 weeks later...