Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Chevrolet 454 SS

These trucks have always been an interest of mine as they were a sleek looking truck with an out with an "in your face" and bold appearance. Although not fast by any means with 230 horsepower, they were aggressive looking, were among the fastest O.E.M. trucks out there at the time and they set the stage for the muscle trucks that followed in the years to come. It took me around 5 months to complete this one with most of the challenges being paint and the ending assembly of installing the body onto the frame. With a few pitfalls to work around it was a good kit to work with overall.

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks Bill.

A couple of areas that I did address with this kit was 1.) the elimination of the molded in accelerator and brake foot pedals and 2.) Cutting the one piece glass into two separate pieces and adding sun visors, and adding a shift lever, turn signal and tilt lever and ignition switch and keys to the steering column.

The addition of PE pedals that were swung from under the dash was a really big help to the interior IMO.

Edited by mustang1989

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:39 AM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Great looking model.  I never realized it was so low in horses.  

Thanks Mark. Yeah they never were the powerhouses of the day but they definitely made their mark for being among the first of the fast trucks that would follow.

Edited by mustang1989