Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Fury. Back on the Bench.

StevenGuthmiller

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Good question.

As far as I know, I have had no issues with photos in any other thread, or any other forum for that matter, and all of my photos come from the same place.

From my digital camera to my hard drive, to my Fotki page, to you.

Maybe this would be a good puzzle for the moderators to tackle.

It sounds to me like a likely forum issue rather than something with Fotki.

How about it guys?

Steve

I don't know what happened, but all of the pictures are showing up now. IT'S A MIRACLE!!!

By the way, that Fury is looking GOOD!

48 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

I don't know what happened, but all of the pictures are showing up now. IT'S A MIRACLE!!!

By the way, that Fury is looking GOOD!

Terrific!

I wonder if there was an issue with either Fotki or the forum over the past couple of days.

As I said, I had a couple of issues posting photos a couple of days ago in other threads.

Hopefully it is taken care of now.

Steve

On 7/13/2019 at 1:44 AM, Bucky said:

I'm having the same  "come-and-go" problem.

I was on vacation this week and logged onto the forum a couple of times on my wife's I-Pad.

I saw the same issue with some of the pics not showing up.

I never have any issues with viewing anything on my old fashioned, trusty desk top! :D

I suppose I'll have to see if I can figure out why this is happening and try to correct it.

No promises.

I'm not exactly a wizard when it comes to tech! :rolleyes:

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Can-Con said:

You took the black out of the side trim.

Would you prefer chocolate chip, or peanut butter. :D

Yeah, I just wasn't happy with how the black was working out, and I originally was going to do it in a dark gray anyway, so when I decided to do it over, I decided to paint it with a metallic steel color instead.

Steve

54 minutes ago, moparfarmer said:

Very nice job, but on the real deal it is black..

I'm not 100% certain what is completely correct Wayne, and I don't want to be contradictory, but in my research I actually saw a lot more pictures of '65 Furys where they were a silver or gray color rather than black.

That was actually my reasoning for wanting to do them gray.

Steve

image.png.c92ade37a6b440433e781754dd3b2007.png

image.png.528d5fea794e6b7fce5b65f27dea513a.png

It appears that some actually had turned aluminum panels between the moldings.

image.png.5e91f20e09ed5b1df939e927bd4dafcd.png

Actually, I have seen a lot of variation in these moldings.

Everything from the aluminum, black and gray, to other colors such as blue or white.

Not sure if these are all factory installed or not.

image.thumb.png.9b54d4719d0adc9490a6f7693dab0772.png

image.png.4b950330804689337edf8ab132f0a710.png

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

On the body side mouldings, Sport Fury's have an engine turned insert while Fury III's were "colored;" usually red, white or black depending on interior trim (possibly blue also, I don't recall and would have to pull out the parts book to confirm).  The three bar mouldings on the front fender were Red/White/Blue on Sport's while they were the same color as the side moulding on III's.  

On the trunk finish panel, the Sport Fury's have engine turned inserts above and below the center strip with the PLYMOUTH lettering.  On III's the whole panel is plain anodized aluminum.

18 minutes ago, 77-830 said:

On the body side mouldings, Sport Fury's have an engine turned insert while Fury III's were "colored;" usually red, white or black depending on interior trim (possibly blue also, I don't recall and would have to pull out the parts book to confirm).  The three bar mouldings on the front fender were Red/White/Blue on Sport's while they were the same color as the side moulding on III's.  

On the trunk finish panel, the Sport Fury's have engine turned inserts above and below the center strip with the PLYMOUTH lettering.  On III's the whole panel is plain anodized aluminum.

Useful information Mike.

I guess that I really don't need to worry too much about 100% accuracy.

The Johan kit was never accurate anyway.

The body is a Fury III, while the interior depicts a Sport Fury, so I guess anything goes. :)

There's really no way to replicate the engine turned detail anyway, so I guess the steel gray is as good as anything.

Steve

2 hours ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

Steven, that interior is fantastic! Thanks for the insight on how you created this beautiful build up.

You've got way more skills than me :wacko:

Where's Hawley, used to live in Excelsior MN.

Thanks Kurt!

Hawley is in west central Minnesota about 22 miles straight east of Fargo North Dakota on highway 10.

Basically half way between Fargo/Moorhead  and Detroit Lakes.

Just a quiet little town of a little over 2.000 people.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller