Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge D/W 100 dimensions

Hello everyone!

I plan to built Dodge D/W 100 or may be D/W 900, but I have no cab & hood dimensions. Can anyone point me to source of that kind information? Drawings or broshure would be nice!

12-1510092944589@2x.jpg?1512053322000

Edited by Sergey

The picture you have posted show a 57 Dodge C100, they got the D-series in 61. I'm afraid I can't help you much on the older C-series other that there is a Danbury Mint 1:24 Diecast of 57 Dodge (also labled as a D100)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Danbury-Mint-1957-DODGE-SWEPTSIDE-D100-PICKUP-1-24-Scale-Model/163611092993?epid=1210221136&hash=item2617fb2801:g:1zAAAOSwpOVclWJa
The utiline bed on the one you have pictured could be sourced from the MPC/AMT Little Red Express truck.

21 hours ago, Atmobil said:

The picture you have posted show a 57 Dodge C100, they got the D-series in 61.

Well, according to "Dodge Trucks' crestline by Don Bunn, C-series mentioned up to 1955 year. In 1956 same trucks refered to as Y-series and in 1957 - as D-series.

Anyway, Gaute, thank you for the link. I guess in this video, on 5:40 there was Danbury Mint 1:24 Diecast of 57 Dodge as you mentioned?

Edited by Sergey

27 minutes ago, Sergey said:

Well, according to "Dodge Trucks' crestline by Don Bunn, C-series mentioned up to 1955 year. In 1956 same trucks refered to as Y-series and in 1957 - as D-series.

Anyway, Gaute, thank you for the link. I guess in this video, on 5:40 there was Danbury Mint 1:24 Diecast of 57 Dodge as you mentioned?

I sure looks like that build could be based on the Danbury Mint diecast.
012-005-2__34114.1407188921.jpg?c=2

Thank you!

Anyone else? It there cab/hood meassurements? The reason I'm asking, that I noticed^ heavy trucks and PickUps differs only with wheel ark flares, which are aproximatelly 4-5 inches each side. I may be wrong, but is'n it too small for difference between heavy dumper and pick up?

a04328cs-960.jpg

Edited by Sergey

• 2 weeks later...

If you add the fender flairs, open the wheel wells and then extend the rear of the flairs down at the rear you will have the changes that are necessary.  Most trucks of that era used the same cabs and simply modified the fenders accordingly.  Compare the Danbury model to the heavy truck photo and you will see the similarities are quite remarkable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Take a look at the photos again.  The flairs on the tractor are probably around 4" in width.  So if you start with the Danbury Mint diecast and add the fender flairs, that will add an additional 8" to the overall width.  Then use this as a basis for the front tire track width.  Make sure the tires and up inside the fender well like is shown in the photo.  You would probably have to modify the width of the front axle to gain the added spacing.  Add the width to the center of the axle and back it up with a brass or steel pin drilled in to secure it well.