Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lottery Winner- What Model Car of Yours Would You Build 1:1 ?

New thread!    The Powerball Lottery is up to $625 Million tonight.  My wife and I aren't major players, but will invest a few dollars when the jackpot is crazy.  We understand the odds, but it's worth $6 just to dream about it.   And people just like us do win the lottery, I always enjoy watching the TV coverage where some stunned dude is standing there with the big check.

So here we go....  What model  of yours would you have built in 1:1 if you won the lottery?

image.png.8980114a39c612eda9cdb6dad90e2e1e.png

I believe I'd have a reputable shop build me a copy of my Model A Woody Pickup!   I'd love to drive that one around!  Only difference is that I believe I'd want a cooler old school engine than the Chevy small block.  Thinking a Buick Nailhead!      Next?

image.png.466fbf1721437f70eb3c8d858f434f59.png

Edited by Tom Geiger

Easy answer; my Flashback II. Start w/a Camaro, add a Challenger front end and Mustang rear end and enjoy the mayhem at Caffeine & Octane every month! :D It was funny enough reading the comments when the first one I built went viral on car blogs almost 10 years ago. 90% of people wouldn't give it a second glance. 

2vrvJRchxvKa6.jpg

2vrvJRYSxvKa6.jpg

2vrvJRPLxvKa6.jpg

Limited to something I've actually built? Hmmmm, I'd have to go back and look at them all. Meanwhile, I have one started that would be The One: a '65-'66 Mustang 2+2 that would be a blend of features from the '65 GT350R, the '66 GT350, and the '69 Bullittmobile. Basically, the perfect Mustang, with a modern drivetrain. And I'd actually DRIVE it. Daily. 

And it would be followed by a '68 Camaro RS in Corvette Bronze, a '67 El Camino in Marina Blue, and a '66 Nova in blue--all of which I plan to model, but haven't yet. (Haven't even started them.) 

Edited by Snake45

21 minutes ago, Zoom Zoom said:

Easy answer; my Flashback II. Start w/a Camaro, add a Challenger front end and Mustang rear end and enjoy the mayhem at Caffeine & Octane every month! :D It was funny enough reading the comments when the first one I built went viral on car blogs almost 10 years ago. 90% of people wouldn't give it a second glance. 

2vrvJRchxvKa6.jpg

2vrvJRYSxvKa6.jpg

2vrvJRPLxvKa6.jpg

lol all those cars look so much alike you almost can't tell.. nice work for sure.

That would be a fun car to ride around in and watch the double takes.

Edited by Scott8950

Have not built a model of my dream car yet, but I do have the parts collected (I think).  It would be a 1965 Chevelle SS with 4 or 5-speed and a '69 Z-28 engine, painted Tahitian Turquoise, Keystone mags with L-60's on the rear and G-60's on the front.  Now the one I am going to build is a model of the one I owned, which was a 283 4-speed.

My 65 Chevelle SS.jpg

13 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

New thread!    The Powerball Lottery is up to $625 Million tonight.

So here we go....  What model  of yours would you have built in 1:1 if you won the lottery?

All of 'em !!:D

Edited by NOBLNG