Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have been collecting parts for this build for about a year of searching on e bay. I was just going to do the 78 version with the after market parts I collected. But one morning I stumbled on a MFH conversation kit. So here I am, I don’t know how long this will take. I just hope I can do it justice by taking my time.

I will not be using the rain tires. That’s about it.

I started on the fuel cell. I spent about 45 min filing and drilling for the rivets. And I am not even close to being ready for primer.

EA98D678-0A52-4F71-A02C-CD446D67B370.jpeg

0DD6AABF-6D22-488A-B3E4-F5785432AB2D.jpeg

No golf for this guy...I don’t need another expensive/time consuming hobby.

just a quick update I probably spent a couple of hours drilling the holes out for the rivets.

I found out from my friend Bruce (brudda) I need to get a tumbler that polish’s brass to use on the white metal parts. 

This way I can make it as realistic as I can. Also need some metric drill bits 

fun times coming 

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea how much patience it is going to take on this project, I just got some metric drill bits in the mail today and I have been trying different media to use in a tumbler I purchased a couple weeks ago.. 

So I hope to try to get time to start something... my family calendar is getting full.

Chris..

• 1 month later...

Not too much to report... I found some time to start inserting rivets, talk about time consuming. Drill holes then insert rivets. I think I have about 6 hours into this part alone. I do like how it’s turning out.

once I get this part done, time to polish.

Thanks for looking 

Chris

16CE434E-FE86-46F4-B6AE-AA3E8541A95F.jpeg

• 3 months later...