Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 420

I dunno... it looks a little bit different in this one from the way it did in the first picture. I can't quite put my finger on why, though... I thought I nearly had it before. Now, I'm not sure. I'm gonna have to go back to my references...

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

54 minutes ago, Matt Bacon said:

I dunno... it looks a little bit different in this one from the way it did in the first picture. I can't quite put my finger on why, though... I thought I nearly had it before. Now, I'm not sure. I'm gonna have to go back to my references...

best,

M.

I had delete the first picture due to the lack of answers and nearly non information about it. But this one is from a car manufacturer that is still in business and had had used the body style from a company that they had bought.

On 27/03/2019 at 1:15 PM, carsntrucks4you said:

I had delete the first picture due to the lack of answers and nearly non information about it. But this one is from a car manufacturer that is still in business and had had used the body style from a company that they had bought.

OK Michael, put us out of our misery, what was Autoquiz 420/1 ?

First of all I have to apologize for this confusing quiz. The first image that I had entered was to tough to get an answer even myself had struggled with the correct car identification. I had this pictures in my file for ages. It was taken by my father during his life time in Leipzig former GDR. Unfortuantly the information that I had about car where not good engough to give a identification. Therefore I had change the picture to a better known car. 

Here i got the correct asnwer from:

porschersr

ChrisR

dw1603

Bucky

jokar124

Thom

Ace-Garageguy

sjordan2

Iamsuperdan

Congratulations to all.

The that I'm looking from was based on a Glas 1700 body which was redesigned by BMW. It wasn't for sale in Germany because it was a internal rival for the Neue Klasse. It was was build from 1973 -1974 in South Africa as a BMW 1804/2004. The quality was bad compared with the usual quality standard from BMW. It was replace by the E12

Do you have any information regarding your first choice for 420? There seem to be similarities to the IFA F9, the wheels, front bumper, windshield and rear fender shape in particular. Also the way the hood and rear deck fall away quite steeply remind me of the IFA ( and the Auto Union / DKW). 

Edited by dw1603

23 minutes ago, dw1603 said:

Do you have any information regarding your first choice for 420? There seem to be similarities to the IFA F9, the wheels, front bumper, windshield and rear fender shape in particular. Also the way the hood and rear deck fall away quite steeply remind me of the IFA ( and the Auto Union / DKW). 

It was definitely not an IFA or DKW.