Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 (Revell snap-kit, 1/25 scale)

Tommy124

Thanks everybody for your positive feedback! I enjoyed the build and I must say that Revell really did great on detailing the few parts this kit has. My favorite part of the kit, without any doubt, being the front section with the grille and the rather realistic-looking headlights.  

On 26.3.2019 at 3:40 PM, espo said:

Great looking build. I like the paint finish and the color. Hard to see the wheel details but it looks like the Chevelle simulated mag wheels that were steel with a polished trim ring. 

Thanks David! I have learnt that the wheels in this kit are similar to those fabricated by Billet. Imho they make for a nice compromise between classic Mags and modern wheels. Also the ride height can be adjusted on this kit, either to "normal" or "lowrider". On the last picture, I set the front wheels to "lowrider". Do that on both sides, and it look even more "mean"... 

2 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Thanks everybody for your positive feedback! I enjoyed the build and I must say that Revell really did great on detailing the few parts this kit has. My favorite part of the kit, without any doubt, being the front section with the grille and the rather realistic-looking headlights.  

Thanks David! I have learnt that the wheels in this kit are similar to those fabricated by Billet. Imho they make for a nice compromise between classic Mags and modern wheels. Also the ride height can be adjusted on this kit, either to "normal" or "lowrider". On the last picture, I set the front wheels to "lowrider". Do that on both sides, and it look even more "mean"... 

Looking back over the pictures I can now see that the wheels are a 6 spoke design. I also agree with Snake45 on the grill treatment. So many miss that feature and I like that you did it correctly. I personally like the lower ride height.  

Thanks Chris and Craig!

On 1.4.2019 at 10:27 PM, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Nice work! I'm going to have to pick up one of these Chevelle Snappers, as it appears to have the best body representation of the kits available.

I agree, I think you can see that on first sight. The front section alone on that kit is done so realistic that it beats the AMT and Revell full kit easily, IMHO. The kit is pretty hard to find over here by now but I managed to grab another 3 kits which are on their way to me. I love the car and so I'll definitely do more of those. The one I built lately, I would consider it mild custom style. I will do another one that will be more stock-type (it'll probably have Magnum wheels) and yet another one that will be done in a more "mean" custom style. It'll definitely have the wheels set to the lowrider height. And that leaves one kit, I might consider to open the hood and try to combine the body with the Revell full kit. Has anyone here done that before? :rolleyes: