Model Cars Magazine Forum

I think this kit would sell just on it's sexiness alone.

Historic Racing Miniatures makes a very nice resin kit of this car. While the car was interesting and cool looking in it's day, it was very unsuccessful as a road race car. Never much in control. I am with others here, I would much rather have a Cobra Daytona Coupe, it took the USA to it's first FIA Sports Car Championship, a very significant car in history. I have one of the HRM kits and a Gunze-Sanyo kit but a cheaper version sure would be nice. I will add, that if I had lots of money, I would love to have a kit car replica of a Daytona Coupe in 1:1 to drive. I doubt many could keep a Cheetah pointed in a safe direction, the race car drivers back in the day couldn't.

3 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

It looks like one of Hot Wheels' less well proportioned fantasy racers, and I'd much rather a mainstream kit maker gave us a Cobra Daytona Coupe... or a Lightweight Low-Drag E-Type, come to that:

That over the top look is precisely what makes it appealing, the same way it works for drag racers.  It's also a very no nonsense look, just the bare minimum of sheet metal stretched over the chassis.

It's a car built for winning races, not beauty contests.