Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 1/2 A12 Super Bee

Brutalform

Actually I’m going to remove all the decals and order brand new ones from Keith Marks. Hopefully he can sell me two sets for the scoop. 

The originsl six pack scoop decals clouded up white, even though I cut them real close to the word, removing the excess clear film. Then Nick (High Octane) was kind enough to send me another set. I just put them on as they were, and they did the same thing. At least I was able to get a few pics before it happened.  As for the black stripe, we’ll that just looks horrible no matter how you put it. 

I’m  glad you guys gave me input, because I didn’t even realize the orientation was incorrect. 

I recently learned from my Roadrunner A12 project to add the panel line that separates the front fender from the rocker panel. That little detail was also overlooked on the  Super Bee. The more I looked at other builds, I’ve noticed this is overlooked often. 

I really appreciate the positive replies. I’m learning more and more about other cars besides GM. Also learning that the Mopar guys are probably the most passionate about their builds. This forum, and its members really rock!

Edited by Brutalform

Beautiful looking build. The paint finish is outstanding. I like how you created the Hood stands. A thought on your Hood decals turning white on you. I have had a similar problem when applying decals over a flat or semi-gloss finish. What has worked for me was to apply the decals to a gloss finish paint, then spray a flat finish top coat to achieve the desired look. For some reason decals just don't like anything but a gloss finish, at least for me. I think your build looks just fine the way it is. 

23 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking build. The paint finish is outstanding. I like how you created the Hood stands. A thought on your Hood decals turning white on you. I have had a similar problem when applying decals over a flat or semi-gloss finish. What has worked for me was to apply the decals to a gloss finish paint, then spray a flat finish top coat to achieve the desired look. For some reason decals just don't like anything but a gloss finish, at least for me. I think your build looks just fine the way it is. 

Thanks. Good advice. That’s what I’ll do on my Roadrunner build. I’ll lay a coat of gloss black on the hood, add the decals, and finish it with dull cote.