Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gone in 60 Seconds 1974

RadRidesByDan

Here's the famous Uni-Corn that just about cost Halicki his life when he hit that light post coming off the freeway.

When I mentioned to fellow modellers that I was going to build the this famous car....I was asked if I was going to build it before Toby drove it or after....I wasnt sure but I was some how swindled in to building it after.

Eleanore19748.jpg

Eleanore197421.jpg

Eleanore197423.jpg

Eleanore197424.jpg

MECCAModelContest200874.jpg

Hope you lilke

Edited by RadRidesByDan

:lol: YES, I LIKE IT! Do your skills have no end? You are the most prolific and varied builder I've ever seen! The way you can go from cusom, to stock, to fantasy,to this is, to me, simply amazing! I am really impressed!(but it don't take alot to impress a dummy!) All your builds have blown me away so far! I love em! Tobe would be PROUD! Great job! :lol:

Dan, as my buddy George53 said your builds are so varied that I am always excited about opening a new post you put up. Mustang looks perfect. Who roped you into building it after the wreck? Not a job I would've wanted to tackle. But nonetheless it looks very accurate. Great job and like I said keep these posts coming. -Will

Here's the famous Uni-Corn that just about cost Halicki his life when he hit that light post coming off the freeway.

When I mentioned to fellow modellers that I was going to build the this famous car....I was asked if I was going to build it before Toby drove it or after....I wasnt sure but I was some how swindled in to building it after.

Eleanore19748.jpg

Eleanore197421.jpg

Eleanore197423.jpg

Eleanore197424.jpg

MECCAModelContest200874.jpg

Hope you lilke

smashing

Excellent rendition. Superior work. Big smile when I saw this one.

I agree that the original, although corny, was better. Seriously, a gotta smile at The Blue Jean Blues.

Scott

I'll Ditto that again for ya.

Original Movies are generally always better..

Awesome, Awesome job.

Funny thing about that telephone pole crash is it came early than expected and they put it in later.

One tough Stang..

• 2 months later...

I just found this thread and have to say.... Very Nice Build!!!! I'm glad to see someone finally pay tribute to the movie / car the way it should be. The crashed scene was the better way to go in my opinion.

Believe it or not, but that '72 Mustang Sportroof was such a tough car that it STILL runs to this day! Check out the extra scenes in the re-release DVD and they have it out in a parking lot doing doughnuts and burnouts!

I also agree that the first movie was the better of the two. I was majorly disappointed when they went with the '68 Shelby GT-500 (fake) for Elenor in the second movie instead of the '72 Mustang Sportroof from the first. I guess they wanted more "flash" to get younger people in the theater seats.

-Scott H.

dang you should build the car wash that he traded the busted up one(the one you built) for the ladies car

remember when se walked out to see her car and seen the busted up one and fainted

that would be awsome bro

but as it is it is sweet bro very nice detail i have seen the busted up one and it looks exactly like your build

Nice Build, Buddy Im Building "Eleanor" Myself Im Building Mines Before She Got Wrecked.

dang you should build the car wash that he traded the busted up one(the one you built) for the ladies car

remember when se walked out to see her car and seen the busted up one and fainted

that would be awsome bro

but as it is it is sweet bro very nice detail i have seen the busted up one and it looks exactly like your build

LSU.....once you finish your build.....we'z gonna have to put the pics together and do the before and after shot B)

Evilone.....as a diorama....that would rock.....get the little femal figurine from jimmy flintstone and do one like you said ....flat out cold after seeing the busted up one come out of the carwash

I think that would be cool.