Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 Merc Wagon

What do you mean, Ryan?

The A pillars are not tall enough (revell's fault) so the chop ends up leaning downward as the chop moves closer to the windshield. Normally on a chop merc, the tallest part of the chop is the A pillars, everything behind it is either the same height, or slopes down rearward. just nit picking revells fault

The A pillars are not tall enough (revell's fault) so the chop ends up leaning downward as the chop moves closer to the windshield. Normally on a chop merc, the tallest part of the chop is the A pillars, everything behind it is either the same height, or slopes down rearward. just nit picking revells fault

But it's a chopped Merc!

No two are alike!

My chops (on real cars) were never the same.

Sometimes I would drop only the front, other times level, sometimes chop it all off!

It's a custom, and from what I understand, they copied a real car, that's not stock, was chopped, so there is no right and wrong.

True, it could have been different, but they gave us a great kit, one that I have actually gone to a hobby shop and bought myself (don't let this get around though).

I understand what you are saying, Ryan. I hope you take what I am saying as not being negative against your opinion, it's just that I come from a body/fender background, and we all have our own styles, and no one is the same (unless they are those infamous kopy-katters!)

A custom is a custom, with a c, or a k.

:lol:

You are keeping me in suspense. I look at your fotki alot to see if you have had any progress.

Well I hope I can make Toledo to see it in person. :lol:

Well i just finished the 69 nova and will be starting the wagon all the parts are ready for paint just have to get it started! stay tunned!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...