Model Cars Magazine Forum

This guy should be ashamed(eBay)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MPC-1978-Dodge-D100-Custom-Pickup-NEW/333135539147?hash=item4d906cebcb:g:SzcAAOSwCqZclSe5&redirect=mobile

This guy is unreal.  Notice the delivery date as well.  The kit is due the end of April and can be pre-ordered for less than $30 at several online hobby shops.  Some sellers are just unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

Maybe he is fishing for fools. I believe it was P.T. Barnum that said "There is a sucker born every minute". 
Quote source not verified.

With most sellers getting free listings every month this is what happens........Problem is someone may buy it!!! I say he can do what he wants. 

4 minutes ago, 440 Dakota said:

funny stuff right here, look at the pic of the box bottom, tape mark under the plastic re wrap

Good eyes! BUT, the seller is cagey, he never says it is "factory " sealed, he simply says it is "sealed in plastic".........................Caveat Emptor situation FOR SURE!

Vintage 1960's MPC RICKSHA Sealed Model Car Kit George Barris Chintatown Express

Sealed in Plastic. There is one corner where the plastic has came off that the box corner has a small bend/fold

This is a RARE one. 

You can ask whatever price you want on eBay.   Doesn't mean you will get it.   Sometimes folks will buy just on subject alone, whatever the price.   These are not the people that buy my stuff.  LOL.   Or you can list it at that and see what happens.   Worst case is it sits on your page for months.    Best case, someone does buy it and you make good money on it.  Not my place to judge why people spend what they do.   Look at diecast "mint" listings if you wanna see prices all over the place.  Same cars can go from $10 up to hundreds.  Can depend on condition or can depend on seller not knowing and buyer not shopping around enough.   

I hate shysters as much as the next person, but sellers get way more BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH than they might should.  I sell on ebay all the time and try to be a stand up guy.   What can you do when someone complains the box isn't as good as they expected when the PHOTOS showed the box and the description says ithe box is wrecked?   Or that the itme isn't "as good as I expected"?  I can't control your expectations if I give you photos and a car (diecast) that has been in the box it's entire life.   Those are a couple of my feedbacks.   

I price my stuff to move on out because I have a LOT of it and need it gone.   It probably isn't "new", but also isn't priced like new either.  

Sorry, I got off on my own rant there.  It won;t be long before a $75 kit looks like a pretty good price.  I won't be buying them; I'm already at the limit of what I feel is the value for a model kit.