Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cotton Owens Charger 500

yellowsportwagon

28 minutes ago, Jim N said:

Looks great as usual.  You are one brave guy to paint and decal a body before the chassis work is done.  I did that a time or two and the results were not good. 

I’ve done like 8 of these chassis. I pretty much know where I’m going with them before I start. Plus the clear I use is 2 part urethane. The flat clear too. Stuff is tough to damage on a model. Meant for the abuse of a real car. If I’m doing a car I’ve never done before I mend my ways.?

3 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Made a dash for it. Should end up looking like this. I need to find a better picture of the Dodge emblem on it. I don’t know what that emblem came on. Not a Mopar guy.

769E30C1-28C7-4EE3-A692-BE785B288763.jpeg

78610782-07A1-4353-A93F-46C4B833C6D2.png

That dash emblem looks to be early 60's. It would be interesting to see if there is a similar decal available in AMT's (formerly Lindberg's) Dodge 330 "Color Me Gone" drag car, or, perhaps you could foil cast one from a Jo Han '62 or '63 Dodge body?

I don't want to give you false hope, as I'm not 100% sure about those sources, but that is where I would start.  

24 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

I blew up the photo and it just says "Dodge"  in a signature style font. Looked in google but could find nothing like it.

I found what is was. A 65 Coronet trunk emblem. Tried copying it and reducing it down to make a decal. Just refused to look right. So I just glued an old Charger photoetched emblem on instead. Looks good enough for me. That dash wasn’t in the same car anyway. So for all I know this one could have said Charger. That’s my justification at least?