Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cotton Owens Charger 500

yellowsportwagon

• 4 weeks later...

Another awesome build , Tim. Super clean, and I like the way you did the roof and gave it a road course stance with right side filler.. The  things that add authenticity to a build. Also you don't see a Charger 500 done a lot. Again , a beautiful build inside and out.

1 hour ago, MarkJ said:

Another awesome build , Tim. Super clean, and I like the way you did the roof and gave it a road course stance with right side filler.. The  things that add authenticity to a build. Also you don't see a Charger 500 done a lot. Again , a beautiful build inside and out.

There’s a whole story on that stupid roof. I’ve wanted to build this car for a long time. Sam is one of my favorite racing drivers. I know the air cleaner is wrong for this car. It’s been laying around firebrand it looks cool in there so I used it.

2 hours ago, Tom Louis said:

Looks great! Why did you use a resin body? Isn't the AMT General Lee acceptable?

This body has the taillight blocked off nicely. The wheel openings already opened up and the grille screened . Headlights blocked off too. Plus I got the body cheap!! And the General Lee doesn’t have a 500 grille

Edited by yellowsportwagon

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
1 minute ago, gks1964 said:

I'm most interested in the dash area where it meets the firewall. I wanted to see how you handled that area!

Gerald

Gerald I can’t find a picture but I can tell you that I built the Polar Lights cage as it should be built. Added the dash on top of the part that goes under the Polar Lights dash. I have also built them using the Polar Lights dash. In that case I leave about 1/8 or maybe a little less gap between the firewall and the dash. I then stuff it in the body and make sure it’s right.