Model Cars Magazine Forum

Triumph TR4A, Airfix, 1/32

Matt Bacon

Thanks, guys. @Funkychiken The wheels are actually resin inserts for slot car wheels, from RS Slot Racing:

http://www.rsslotracing.com/parts.htm

I took the dreadful "wire" centres out of the kit rims, fitted in the resin pieces, and glued plastic card discs painted steel on the back of the wheel to provide something to mount onto the axle (the resin wires are fragile and the fit is a little loose, so I didn't want them to be holding the wheel onto the car...)

best,

M.

Nice build! It looks like you used thin solder wire or something similar as a chrome trim? Maybe make a little "cut" into that where the front fender and door are separated by the door crack/ panel line?

Edited by Tommy124

• 3 years later...

Man that is super nice and only 1/32.  I had for a year or 2 in my youth, a TR-4 but I put American mags with 7 inch racing tires (illegal on street as kids are prone to do). So your skinny tires looks strange to me, correct as they may be. Funny how we perceive things. Great work.