Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Trailer project confirmed ...and 1965/66 F100 variants shown

tim boyd

Dave Metzner of Moebius Models had his usual display at the DAAM show today. 

At least to my knowledge (I'm sure you guys will quickly correct me if I am wrong), he showed a preview of an upcoming project that I've seen rumors about but never confirmation until now....a 48 foot spilt axle trailer 

DSC 0715

Then...he showed built up prototypes of several members of the future Moebius 1965-66 F100 family....

DSC 0716

DSC 0717

This is the 4x4 version...

DSC 0718

DSC 0722

DSC 0723

These projects will appear on the shelves ranging from probably late April/early May through early 2021....and the speculation is that the first round of production under estimated actual demand, so best to grab at least one the first time you see it, then add in extras as needed later in the productions cycle...

A few more images here....

TIM 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I reposted this news on a model truck group on Facebook. Some people on there are thinking that this is just an April fools joke.

I sure hope it’s not!

1 hour ago, Jim B said:

That would be cruel! 

.......I'm going to be sceptical til they're in my stash!        Cruel! ....happened before!   ....hmm...'65 Nova?

3 hours ago, Ben said:

I reposted this news on a model truck group on Facebook. Some people on there are thinking that this is just an April fools joke.

I sure hope it’s not!

Guys......Dave is not the kind of guy who would pull an April Fools stunt like that.  

Dave said that they are just starting the project, but given that it will reuse a number of parts from the other trailer projects, and that most of the surfaces are flat rather than shaped, he expects it will come together much quicker than some of their car and truck based projects......TIM 

I'm really hoping the flat bed will be soon, and maybe with an option to have the front axle posed in both up and down positions. 

As for the Fords, they don't do anything for me because I don't care for those year Ford pickups, but I do hope Moebius does as they did with the big rig tire sets and offer the utility bed as a standalone product in addition to being in the Ford kit. I have quite a few ideas for that utility bed, but I don't want to waste money on the Ford kits just for the utility bed and junk the rest of the kit.

I am going to second Matt and say Moeibus would be smart to offer that utility bed as a separate kit,  I bet it would sell really good as it own kit, I have no personal desire to build a 65/66 Ford, but that utility bed with be right home on pretty much every single long bed frame single drive wheel truck from the 60's thru the 90's.

Hmmmmmmmm........'66 long bed Ford....'66 short bed Ford....'66 stepside Ford....'66 utility bed Ford....one 48 foot flat trailer.....what's my total?

This could get costly!! LOL

Are these pickup kits going to have options to build '65 or '66 year models in the same kit?

Going to be a little 'picky' with the utility bed. If you look close at the lower corner of the utility body the door has no lower side of the cabinet,  I appreciate the fact that the hobby is getting new stuff but hopefully this can be fixed before production.

2v2EtzHPNxwhifW.jpg

greg

27 minutes ago, GLMFAA1 said:

Going to be a little 'picky' with the utility bed. If you look close at the lower corner of the utility body the door has no lower side of the cabinet,  I appreciate the fact that the hobby is getting new stuff but hopefully this can be fixed before production.

2v2EtzHPNxwhifW.jpg

greg

Whoops

37 minutes ago, GLMFAA1 said:

2v2EtzHPNxwhifW.jpg

greg

I say because of that error, scrap the whole project!

1 hour ago, vincen47 said:

With the 48’ spread axle flat - so many interesting load possibilities. Many variations  could be made by the builder without too much work. 

Wonder if someone in the aftermarket would make a curtainside add-on kit?

giphy.gif