Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Trailer project confirmed ...and 1965/66 F100 variants shown

tim boyd

9 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Maybe Danny at Scenes Unlimited could come to the rescue? He has tires and would only need to carve up some new wheels.

Got these wheels and tires coming in about a week or so......they'll have drum style wheel backs with front and rear hubs..

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 8.17.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 8.18.26 PM.png

11 hours ago, dannyi said:

Got these wheels and tires coming in about a week or so......they'll have drum style wheel backs with front and rear hubs..

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 8.17.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 8.18.26 PM.png

Gonna be ordering a few sets of those wheels and tires, along with that dump bed when it's ready!

It doesn't look like it'll have any actual branding, which is no doubt to avoid  licensing. But some of the features look like they belong to a Reitnouer trailer, which I've got no issues with. They're some of the finest built aluminum flatbeds out there, and their Big Bubba and Bigger Bubba are two of the more popular trailers in the heavy flatbed industry. As for it not being branded, I couldn't care less, it looks very promising. I'm already sold on it, will be getting at least one to build as a covered wagon. 

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, Mr mopar said:

I was hoping Moebius would have done a container trailer there's so many of them on the road . my 2 cents ?

Can't please everybody.  if they had made a container, some would say they should have offered a flatbed.  What are you gonna do?

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Fabrux said:

https://culttvman.com/main/big-news-from-moebius-models/

• 1966 Ford Custom Cab F-100 4 x 4 for 2nd quarter 2020
  • 1967 Ford F-100 Service Bed pickup for 2nd quarter 2020
  • 48 foot cambered trailer – previously announced 2nd quarter 2020
  • 1953 Hudson Hornett reissue 2nd quarter 2020

Expect the 48 foot flatbed in June, 2020.

4 hours ago, Fabrux said:

https://culttvman.com/main/big-news-from-moebius-models/

• 1966 Ford Custom Cab F-100 4 x 4 for 2nd quarter 2020
  • 1967 Ford F-100 Service Bed pickup for 2nd quarter 2020
  • 48 foot cambered trailer – previously announced 2nd quarter 2020
  • 1953 Hudson Hornett reissue 2nd quarter 2020

This is not unexpected but welcomed news. 

On 4/28/2019 at 8:29 PM, Casey429 said:

It doesn't look like it'll have any actual branding, which is no doubt to avoid  licensing. But some of the features look like they belong to a Reitnouer trailer, which I've got no issues with. They're some of the finest built aluminum flatbeds out there, and their Big Bubba and Bigger Bubba are two of the more popular trailers in the heavy flatbed industry. As for it not being branded, I couldn't care less, it looks very promising. I'm already sold on it, will be getting at least one to build as a covered wagon. 

It is based on no particular brand but has general elements of many types, and of course, the basic suspension of the previous Moebius semi trailer van kits.

DSC_0724-vi.jpg

Edited by chuckyr

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 10:16 AM, mikemodeler said:

This is not unexpected but welcomed news. 

Perhaps not likely but maybe we can hope they've improved proportions on the toylike '68/69 F100 grill for the '67. Fortunately there's a resin caster with a ready replacement ^_^

I finally picked up two extra 1970 4x4's and ordered a Fireball Super Swamper kit for one of them.  I've heard only good things about them; alas that quality like that will take time because I want them now now now!  Oh, well.  

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...