Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Ford that chases airplanes for a living.

Agent G

Thanks Eric! Good shots there.

Here's some quickie photos of my progress.

ZgdiZe2.jpg

in8u23A.jpg

1TJa4aw.jpg

GZNNoQz.jpg

The body and wheels are painted an old Floquil Railroad color clad "CSX New Image Blue". I found it while searching Ebay for Floquil paint.

The interior is three shades of Tamiya gray. Sky Gray for the majority of the interior, Sky Gray and a drop or two of Neutral Gray for the carpet, Medium Gray for the cloth panels in the seats.  Those will get a light overspray of Sky Gray to tone down the brownish hue. 

More to come.

G

Love the U2 and the chase cars.

They have used even Corvettes for that.   I'd chase it even in a Power Wheel if had the chance :)

Here is a C5 Corvette chasing the Dragon Lady.  It seems it only got to 3rd gear.  I'd guess the chase is barely  100 MPH.

Thanks,

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, thatz4u said:

any updates on the Mustang

Mustang production halts during the work week. Chassis is complete, interior 90% complete and the body needs a repaint. Seems there was just enough humidity here the day I sprayed the body to create what I see as an unacceptable finish. I'll post more tomorrow.

G

The interior is 99% finished at this time. I didn't have any thing in my spares box that replicated a radio correctly, so I made one. The mic will be carved from sprue mounted with a coiled wire cord. The body has been repainted and awaiting polishing. 

7TnocVZ.jpg

C4tldl1.jpg

QdbnaKt.jpg

md7nxPL.jpg

Edited by Agent G

1 hour ago, ismaelg said:

The color is spot on for that Air Force blue. Looking really good.

I have been planning this build for years now all due to finding that "Strata Blue" color. I was looking for Floquil paint on eBay and saw this color. I googled the rail line and saw that the "CSX New Image Blue" was a dead ringer.   

KDIEZJG.jpg

G