Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vietnam Vet67

NASCAR Motorsports Model Cards

Went to a gigantic toy show here in Michigan on Sunday and picked up this set of cards dealing with NASCAR models. 90 cards in a set and the set came out in 1991 so it is pretty old stuff. What is neat about the cards is that it gives you some basic info about the kit, what brand and color of paint to use for the model, and some other info to help you build the kit and what is in the kit.

IMG_20190401_0001_NEW.jpg.6287ee38a7545be854ce688ddadea0c9.jpgIMG_20190401_0002_NEW.jpg.54ef1c2da3f414d2c939466bb64ba31a.jpg

That’s pretty cool and interesting, I have the Darrell Watrip Pepsi car that came in a combo with the one you posted which I built years ago do they have the card for the Pepsi car In there?

Very cool!  I remember these cards when they were out, but never bought a set.

I still have a set somewhere in the plastic box they came in. Pretty cool.

It was intended to be a series. We sold them at our hobby shop back then.  But the came out just when the card boom was crashing.........model builders alone were not enough to make it viable. The go pretty cheap of anyone would like them. 

1 hour ago, Dave Van said:

It was intended to be a series. We sold them at our hobby shop back then.  But the came out just when the card boom was crashing.........model builders alone were not enough to make it viable. The go pretty cheap of anyone would like them. 

I paid $10 for the whole set in a nice binder.

58 minutes ago, Vietnam Vet67 said:

I paid $10 for the whole set in a nice binder.

Worth it.......

I  also have a set of the cards in the clear plastic box, plus I have a uncut sheet of the complete card set. I knew the guy that had that business in Bristol Tennessee.