Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 amc javalin amx

michelle

3 minutes ago, High octane said:

Lookin' good as I like AMC products. Are those ridges I see in the plastic or is it the paint?

thanks it is in the plastic it is a by product of it being 3d printed on a cheap 3d printer and the orientation it was printed in 

41 minutes ago, michelle said:

thanks it is in the plastic it is a by product of it being 3d printed on a cheap 3d printer and the orientation it was printed in 

Thanks as what little I know 'bout 3D printing, I thought that might be the case.. Still a really nice model to have and you did a good job on it.

1 minute ago, High octane said:

Thanks as what little I know 'bout 3D printing, I thought that might be the case.. Still a really nice model to have and you did a good job on it.

thanks  and yes it is and from what i saw when looking for a model kit version befor settleing on this 3d printable version  is that they are not cheap 

Very nice rendering of a beautiful car. Have you considered using a primer filler 1st to get rid of the "print lines"? I have zero experience with 3D printed products so I don't know if primer filler would work. 

8 hours ago, Yahshu said:

Very nice rendering of a beautiful car. Have you considered using a primer filler 1st to get rid of the "print lines"? I have zero experience with 3D printed products so I don't know if primer filler would work. 

thank you i did not design the 3d file of it i just printed it and painted  it 
i have tried to use duplicolor filler primer on the 72 ford falcan xa sedan  i posted it did not take away the print lines  that much and did fillin the door lines and  and hood trunk lines and front and back windshield lines i had to use a scribing pen  to restore them