Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Merkur XR4Ti

Nice clean work, that looks great!

16 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

This is the original AMT kit from the first movie.  My daughter and I built it together  when it first came out.  It fits on the top shelf of my display case!

That's the GB2 car...oddly enough the first movie never got a kit until years after the second.

2 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!!

Did you put different wheels on it?

No, those wire wheels where in the kit. The model is box stock. One day I might get crazy and build another with more details and extra stuff, but I wanted to do it this way first.

Great job!  The mother of one of my friends growing up had the sedan version of this car and it was enormous.  I remember riding in the back seat and there had to be about 1 1/2 to 2 feet of space between my knees and the front seat.

13 minutes ago, Jim N said:

Great job!  The mother of one of my friends growing up had the sedan version of this car and it was enormous.  I remember riding in the back seat and there had to be about 1 1/2 to 2 feet of space between my knees and the front seat.

I've been looking for a case to fit it and the only ones that fit this 1/24 model are those listed for 1/18. It's nearly as big as the 1/18 Aston Martin DB7 diecast I have. The real thing must have been absolutely gargantuan.