Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL XXVII 2019-Exactly a month before, are you planning to be there?

simonr

I'm not sure if I'll make it, but I'm sure going to try. I'm only 2 to 3 hours away, so I'll drive, but I might stay for a night or two.

Where is the show held, and where is the best place to stay, if I decide to do so, and what are the rates like? Is it held at a hotel, or some other facility?

On 4/12/2019 at 10:53 PM, RichCostello said:

..... Where is the show held, and where is the best place to stay....?

All entirely a matter of money vs inconvenience. I stayed at the Motel 6 a couple of times that's a block or so south of the Sheraton, but it was such a drag to walk back & forth, and more of a hassle to arrange for a taxi to & from the airport, so I just take a bigger hit in the wallet in exchange for staying at the Sheraton itself. McDonalds breakfast/lunch & dinner, to save money, except for the awards brunch meal.

12 hours ago, Russell C said:

All entirely a matter of money vs inconvenience. I stayed at the Motel 6 a couple of times that's a block or so south of the Sheraton, but it was such a drag to walk back & forth, and more of a hassle to arrange for a taxi to & from the airport, so I just take a bigger hit in the wallet in exchange for staying at the Sheraton itself. McDonalds breakfast/lunch & dinner, to save money, except for the awards brunch meal.

What are the rates like at the Motel 6? I'm driving down, so I'm not worried about transportation.

10 hours ago, RichCostello said:

What are the rates like at the Motel 6? I'm driving down, so I'm not worried about transportation.

Haven't stayed there for a couple of turns now, but it looks like it's in the bit over $50 per night. Check availability, of course:  https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.ut.salt-lake-city.15.html

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, avidinha said:

I just moved to Utah a couple months ago and I would really like to attend the GSL, but I can't figure out where it will be. The only address I'm seeing on the website is for the museum, is it at the museum?

It's at the Sheraton Hotel - 150 W 500 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101