Model Cars Magazine Forum

Or we could do what Ed Wood did: get some paper plates and paint them silver.

"Because all you of Earth are idiots!...You see!? You see!? Your stupid minds! Stupid! Stupid!" 

Just thinking about that goofy movie makes me laugh.

The release date is suspect but this is a re-release of the Lindberg saucer.

I believe some of the saucers used in the filming of the movie are Lindberg saucers.

Cant wait to see the included alien?

And if thats the box art i know im in for several

Edited by Spruslayer

Very cool. I hope this is not an April Fools joke. It looks like all of the original Lindberg Flying Saucer parts will come with the kit. The only question I have is with the decals. I can't tell from the posting if it will come with copies of the original Lindberg Flying Saucer decals, or not. I hope they do. As I want to build an original style, "stock" version of this kit. I know it's hard to believe, but I've missed every past release of this kit. And now that I've wanted one, they've become hard to find. 

Sorry, I'm in the hoax camp.

I have old eyes but if you read the description (beside the water-slide decal part) it sure looks like it says...Polar Lights has SPENT no expense...

Edited by DPNM

Maybe they did, and we didn't hear it. I certainly didn't hear the original announcement. I've only heard second-hand.

Maybe the hoax camp is wrong, but there is certainly a lot of doubt among those in this thread who want to believe.

14 hours ago, DPNM said:

Sorry, I'm in the hoax camp.

I have old eyes but if you read the description (beside the water-slide decal part) it sure looks like it says...Polar Lights has SPENT no expense...

I think they're cleverly telling us they didn't do a thing to the ancient Lindberg molds. :lol:

1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

I think they're cleverly telling us they didn't do a thing to the ancient Lindberg molds. :lol:

Looks that way. Monsters In Motion straight-up calls it a "Lindberg Re-issue."  Shipping May 30, 2019, so it doesn't seem to be a hoax. 

"At this time we are not sure if it will come with a clear plastic canopy or not. The canopy was painted silver in the film but the original Lindberg kit had a clear canopy."

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/model-kits-aurora-model-kits-c-271_285/plan-9-from-outer-space-flying-saucer-model-kit-by-polar-lights-lindberg-re-issue-p-26368

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

That's my take on it too. I think they're having fun, making fun of how cheesy Plan 9 was in using the old Lindberg kit in the movie. 

3 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Looks that way. Monsters In Motion straight-up calls it a "Lindberg Re-issue."  Shipping May 30, 2019, so it doesn't seem to be a hoax. 

"At this time we are not sure if it will come with a clear plastic canopy or not. The canopy was painted silver in the film but the original Lindberg kit had a clear canopy."

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/model-kits-aurora-model-kits-c-271_285/plan-9-from-outer-space-flying-saucer-model-kit-by-polar-lights-lindberg-re-issue-p-26368

My impression from the Round 2 site is that it is coming with the clear canopy and the alien. There is something in there joking about displaying the kit showing the occupant "if you dare." So if this is not a joke. I'm guessing we're getting same old Lindberg Flying Saucer kit. Which is great. I've been wanting one for a while now, and they've been getting harder to find now. 

My only concern, will the kit included a copy of the original decal(s)? So I can build it in its original form. And not only a replica from Plan 9 From Outer Space. A movie which I hate. Even though I have copy on DVD.