Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2020: International Paystar tractor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sam,

That model is one of my all time favorites, and you are going to couple it to the lowboy kit awesome .

And in yellow as well ! Are you also going to build the JD 310 as well ?  All told I spent about 6 years running a JD 310.

One of the best machines of its size back in the day .

Your choice of basswood for the deck is a good one  !

Be Well

Gator

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much guys, I do appreciate all the encouragement.  

I have a huge problem with squirrels, but my wife said "you really need to work on a model today", can't argue with that, so I didn't. 

I have all the basswood cut and mocked up. Before I glue it in place, should I weather it before, or after? Also, for those who have done a wood deck, do you use thinned out artists oils, or chalk powder, or both? I use both when weathering plastic. 

20200406_120903.jpg

When I built the Russian Maz 537 , I dirtied the wood after in place. I broke corners away , and weathered w thinned oil very very thin solutions of a few . Powered dust was last . A gray wash over all for a sun faded look , w drips of oil in select spots . Thinned sienna or burnt umber, run around made convincing aging . 

Best advice I got from armor builders was try a section on spare wood..get a feel for how itll look..ohh and let the layers dry a little before the next or they tend to mix 

So I installed the lights and will call the trailer done until I get the load on it so I can figure out the angle I want the D rings set. Then finish getting it dusty.

I had a couple questions. I have seen the resin binders and the hooks you put on the end of the chains online but cannot remember where.

Also, if someone has about half a dozen binders, and a dozen hooks they want to trade, let me know.

I also went through my wife's broken necklace drawer and found one that should work, I just do not know if there is enough length to do all I want. Since I cannot match it up at a craft store, can any of you recommend a size that I can get online? 

Oh, and I put the lowboy behind my Titan.  

20200411_120644.jpg