Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another AMC 53 Ford Pick-up

First time poster and newbie. Here's my attempt; it''s rough but it's a work truck. I'm really happy with my first attempt at lights, I learnt a lot and next time would use smaller batteries, next gen LEDS. I tried to disguise the battery box as a crate; as you can see I need to hide the wires. It was my first time soldering as well, I'd like to try some sort of circuit board next time. Anyway gentle with the constructive comments. Dave.

P.S. Notice the Australian flag in the left hand bottom corner of the rear window. D.

53 Ford 1.a.jpg

53 ford 1.jpg

53 Ford 2.jpg

53 Ford 3.jpg

I think your "lights" idea is very creative. You had asked for constructive ideas, my offering for what it may be worth. Hiding the batteries in the bed is great. You might even think about a load of lumber for a hiding place. I would have the wire leads exit toward the back of the cab to better hid them. The wires could run between the interior and the body going forward. I like how you have two different types or color of lights. The headlamps look like the newer style blue/white LED headlamps and the grill mounted Fog Lamps have the more yellowish color. This is all very well done and I, and I think others, will look forward to seeing your builds in the future.