Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Continental Roadster Pick-up (Ranchero style)

Claude Thibodeau

Very creative, and it looks as if in 1:1 it would be useable also.  I like that you pointed out all of the different parts you used, it might be hard to determine otherwise. All of the different design elements flow together smoothly. 

Normally I look at kits that combine different eras as bad styling experiments. That's not the case here. I could see someone taking a beater and making this beauty. The sidewinder parts work very well with this conversion. I'll admit I think that's one kit that offers a host of styling possibilities.

Hi!

Thank you for the comments.

My only regret is that all the sanding and smoothing of the body almost erased the small kick-up on the top of the rear qurater panel, just past the door line. You can't have it all, I guess... Siome show goers casually think it's an Imperial. The custom grille provided in the kit facilitates this mis-conception. And let's not forget that the head designer for this Lincoln at Ford moved across town to Chrysler later on... and was in charge of the Imperial refreshing.

Makes sense to be duped, then...

CT

DSCF3034.JPG

DSCF3038.JPG