Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for Hot Rod/ Gasser parts, not made by Reliable..

After looking for the same thing myself and searching many of my kits, to find nothing adequate, I checked a few tutorials on here. From turnable straight axel, to springs, to shocks.

I decided to scratch build everything. You check details of my progress in the build section..Flintstone Flyer II x3

Seek out Drag City Castings. The owner, Ed, is a member here. So you can message him directly if you like. He does make some drag associated items, including ladder bars. He has just recently brought back his line of racing hoods, and he has a ton of wheels that would be gasser appropriate. 

Here'a link to Drag City Castings Fotki page. His casting work is excellent.

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/member_dealer_directory/drag-city-casting-/

21 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

Out of curiousity, whats wrong with Reliable Resin? I don't order much resin.

Hey Rob. Over the years there have been a lot of tales of woe regarding RR.

I've wanted to buy stuff he's offered but been turned off by his unreliability. Pun intended.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Seek out Drag City Castings. The owner, Ed, is a member here. So you can message him directly if you like. He does make some drag associated items, including ladder bars. He has just recently brought back his line of racing hoods, and he has a ton of wheels that would be gasser appropriate. 

Here'a link to Drag City Castings Fotki page. His casting work is excellent.

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/member_dealer_directory/drag-city-casting-/

I second Drag City for the ladder bars, and Shapeways  or fabrication for the axle.

The issue with fabbing your own is in the springs, which are harder to do.

1 hour ago, Jantrix said:

Out of curiousity, whats wrong with Reliable Resin? I don't order much resin.

Not to be a jerk, but just do a search here for Reliable Resin. Several threads about them. And it's more than just a couple dissatisfied customers. It's a definite trend formed after years of poor customer service

2 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Not to be a jerk, but just do a search here for Reliable Resin. Several threads about them. And it's more than just a couple dissatisfied customers. It's a definite trend formed after years of poor customer service

3 hours ago, MeatMan said:

Hey Rob. Over the years there have been a lot of tales of woe regarding RR.

I've wanted to buy stuff he's offered but been turned off by his unreliability. Pun intended.

Good to know. Thanks.

3 hours ago, MeatMan said:

I second Drag City for the ladder bars, and Shapeways  or fabrication for the axle.

The issue with fabbing your own is in the springs, which are harder to do.

There not as hard as you think, this gasser build has expanded my abilities beyond anything I've done before.

But all the inspiration comes from guys on here!

IMG_20190324_190707171_HDR.jpg

On 4/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, 64SS350 said:

There not as hard as you think, this gasser build has expanded my abilities beyond anything I've done before.

But all the inspiration comes from guys on here!

IMG_20190324_190707171_HDR.jpg

Well, you calling it easy doesn't convince me that it is. I've seen your work, and I don't come near your level of expertise at fabrication. That said, I am fabbing my own springs for my AFX Mustang.

20 minutes ago, MeatMan said:

Well, you calling it easy doesn't convince me that it is. I've seen your work, and I don't come near your level of expertise at fabrication. That said, I am fabbing my own springs for my AFX Mustang.

Thanks, but several months ago I would have said the same to someone else. Just experiment and watch builds others do for inspiration.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, MeatMan said:

Do you know if they've caught up on their orders? They had a statement on their site about keeping up with orders.

I'd like to get their leaf spring set.

Contact Scott, he will let you know

Alan