Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone bought from Grimaldi Custome resin caster (meditrans65 on eBay)

just recived my order from him, It took  30 days from my order to hit my home. He keep saying he was working on it and will go out in a few days.Casting somewhat ok. I order the Moebuis ford motor which was casted as stated (pressure pot casting) but I think the other items where  just mold cast as you would have done it your self. He does stated that he does not have the items on hand and are made to order.  So did my order hit when he recevied several orders at the same time?

So am I 100% happy no about 75%. for what it cost for the engine and shipping I could have order the whole kit and had be happier.

Edited by GMCMAN52
spelling

Oh yeah that guy, should be other threads about him if you did a search. I have never bought from him as I'm also a caster. I would just say he is what is wrong with casters who resell. Most of his ebay listings use the original kit plastic parts for the photos. So he must not be able to get a clean cast worthy of a photo. You can still have air pockets in pressure castings so his claim says nothing about quality. What was it you where interested in, I have some stuff an what I don't I can add to my to-do list.

14 hours ago, ScottH454 said:

Oh yeah that guy, should be other threads about him if you did a search. I have never bought from him as I'm also a caster. I would just say he is what is wrong with casters who resell. Most of his ebay listings use the original kit plastic parts for the photos. So he must not be able to get a clean cast worthy of a photo. You can still have air pockets in pressure castings so his claim says nothing about quality. What was it you where interested in, I have some stuff an what I don't I can add to my to-do list.

I did a search and the only things that come up about him are in one of the "recaster alert" threads. I won't knowing buy a recast product of another casters product. But what caught my eye was the 427 DOHC engine he is doing that is a copy of the Moebius Comet engine. For half the price of the whole kit I was entertaining the thought, depending on the quality. 

yep...bought from this scu....er, ah person.  Rec'd 2 Corvette engines.  Poorly cast.  On both engines, some of the parts went from hard cast resin to to something flexible and bendable.  I took s video of bendable portions for proof.  He recast the parts and while recast parts were not bendable, they were pretty poorly cast.  Sent it back, petitioned PayPal for refund.  He never responded to them so PayPal refunded the money to me.

Blocked him on eBay.

On 4/13/2019 at 12:51 AM, BDSchindler said:

yep...bought from this scu....er, ah person.  Rec'd 2 Corvette engines.  Poorly cast.  On both engines, some of the parts went from hard cast resin to to something flexible and bendable.  I took s video of bendable portions for proof.  He recast the parts and while recast parts were not bendable, they were pretty poorly cast.  Sent it back, petitioned PayPal for refund.  He never responded to them so PayPal refunded the money to me.

Blocked him on eBay.

That's what I was afraid of, so that's why I ask. And now others are aware of the issues too. Thanks for taking the time to relay your specific experience

• 4 months later...
On 4/13/2019 at 1:51 AM, BDSchindler said:

Blocked him on eBay.

I guess he made another eBay account since his old account had more negative feedback than I ever saw on eBay. 

Here is his new user name:

FC55DA50-BC7A-4047-97D7-32CB028B13CE.jpeg

I checked eBay  just now and he has active listings on both accounts.  The anthongrimald-0 is not a new account - it was created on Dec-12-16 .  Has some items listed there but still zero feedbacks.  He has over hundred items listed under the other account (and lots of negative feedbacks).  Even with all those negatives, his yearly feedback rating is around 93% (which too me is poor, but looks high).

On 4/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, Mr. Metallic said:

I did a search and the only things that come up about him are in one of the "recaster alert" threads. I won't knowing buy a recast product of another casters product. But what caught my eye was the 427 DOHC engine he is doing that is a copy of the Moebius Comet engine. For half the price of the whole kit I was entertaining the thought, depending on the quality. 

I messaged with him before I ordered the resin copy of the Moebius engine and he promised he could ship within 2-weeks. Four weeks later no shipping notice and he wouldn't answer my messages about when I could expect to receive the engine.  I ended up filing a claim through ebay to recover my payment.  Won't order from him again.