Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's my version of the Malco Gasser...in orange.

Farmboy

I had looked around and got quite a bit of help from contributors to this site in getting the pluming and fuel systems correct, or as correct as my skills would allow me to.  I did change the headers, hate the originals in the kit. I thought of doing an asbestos wrap but all too much effort.  A pair (though incorrect) from the parts box did the trick.  The plumbing is as close as I can get it, even managed to get the radiator overflow and the cv hose in the general vicinity.  Built my own fluid tank and catcher for the cv.   I attempted to do the black with silver bolts/rivets around the windshield.  After two attempts, out came the file, sandpaper and a small amount of styrene rod and that took care of that.  The orange is the $1.00 acrylic craft paint with a few gloss coats.  I also experimented with the 'fleck' process seen on a number of fiberglass moldings using a toothbrush and acrylic paints.  Think it adds a little interest and color.  All existing trim was blacked out except for the grill cover.  Hope you enjoy.  Comments and observations always welcome

102_3673.thumb.JPG.40d154e2dde5dcb528da3b5bc653d75b.JPG102_3669.thumb.JPG.b4b7421dcfca07016c6b74abdb62bf12.JPG102_3671.thumb.JPG.b50325d8e669d0234b112306b0944e7a.JPG102_3670.thumb.JPG.8766e51dd6e82753e416e2325c994746.JPG102_3668.thumb.JPG.d149bf8f3d34ad283d878088bcf47c6c.JPG102_3672.thumb.JPG.097f7ccda7511cd29d94b83b4fcc7a32.JPG

102_3675.JPG

102_3666.JPG

Thanx everybody, it was a fun build.  Incidentally, the 'stainless' fuel lines is actually line cord from a venetian blind.  There's a smaller solid string core in it that comes out, and I replaced it with wire so it would hold its shape, sprayed it chrome and voila.

Very nice build. You did a fantastic job on all the under hood details. That fiberglass under the nose, makes the car even more realistic. A nice version other than the box art. 

Was this car annoying to build other than what you mentioned? 

Edited by Brutalform

Jesse, that's the first time I've ever seen that photo.  Uncanny!  Did Revell actually make a kit with those decals?  Tom, I don't know if annoyed is the right word.  I just accepted it as an old kit with some parts I didn't like changed out or modified where I thought I could do it justice.  The windshield/rear window framing is simply a case of surrender lol, but overall it went together pretty well.