Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2019

Mr mopar

9 minutes ago, Motor City said:

I'm looking forward to the Monte Carlo.  Hopefully the Regal Grand National and '79-'80 Capri RS will soon follow.

I don't think the Capri even exists anymore, wouldn't it have been merged into the Turbo Cobra Mustang?  That kit has never been reissued since 1979/1980 which makes me think it doesn't exist as a Capri anymore.  The '80 Mustang got reissued back in 2003.

Also I'm not whining about anything.  I think the releases shown on that board make a brilliant amount of fiscal sense to the new Revell, since again they're just running a mint over there.  You figure that the MP&T (manufacturing, production & transportation) costs on those are maaaaybe $4-5 per kit, and Revell's wholesale to their largest customer (Hobby Lobby) was around $14-16 a kit (depending on what it was) they're clocking in right around $25-50k profit per model shown there if they can sell out the runs (reissues are a lower unit count run than the "new" kits).

I was offering an opinion that it's somewhat disheartening to hear that in what was in effect Revell's debut appearance to the hobby world, there was a bunch of "what we can't do" being thrown around.  Do a little salesmanship and say that everything is being considered by the new refreshed lean and hungry Revell USA...even if it's not.  I mean is the writing not on the wall? Constantly lamenting what can't be accomplished and what "wouldn't sell", is what begat Moebius, and to a lesser extent Salvino JR.  Those 9 Hudsons, and what will be at LEAST 9 F-Series trucks are all cash Revell left on the table by being a slow moving dinosaur.  Holy heck there's a Japanese company selling $75 Citroens, and a Belgian company selling all the $60+ rally kits they can make.  Beemax sold out of those Lancia Delta S4 kits in six...YES SIX...days!!!  Those are small lean and, aggressive companies taking risks, while being agile and forward thinking.  

Edited by niteowl7710

Nice Comments, Niteowl.  I do agree, that even pre-bankruptcy Revell seemed to move with more deliberation than seemed necessary sometimes. The PR from Revell on the Model A kits was truly horrible. Secrecy and silence, did not serve Revell at all well. No need to spill all the gory details, but clear, concise statements, quickly released would have built a whole lot more goodwill.  What I see, is that these companies are still not quite used to there being two-way communication, on both sides of the Manufacturer  / Customer transaction. Neither Revell or Round2 is horrible in this way, but both seem to be very slow in responding to their buying public.

I think a quicker OODA loop would serve both companies well, in the future.

17 hours ago, slusher said:

What happened to the 30 Model A being released again?

8 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Funny how this topic went from showing what is new from Revell shown at the Milwaukee NNL into a "If I ran Revell" or "What they need to do is....." rant and rave!

Seriously? So Revell is re-issuing some kits, some we like, some we don't. Pretty simple concept- buy em if ya like em, don't if ya don't.

The ability to stay on topic in this forum escapes so many. If you want to comment on why they haven't mentioned the '30 A model kit, go to that topic and revive it, don't wander.

Mike, I just asked a question. I am a guy who doesn't complain or argues about anything. This is a thread about releases so I asked a question. I don't appreciate your comment. I left this forum not long ago because of some guys trying to be moderators"...

5 hours ago, slusher said:

Mike, I just asked a question. I am a guy who doesn't complain or argues about anything. This is a thread about releases so I asked a question. I don't appreciate your comment. I left this forum not long ago because of some guys trying to be moderators"...

The problem is that this topic veered off into a bunch of what ifs and what abouts. Instead of staying on the topic of the models shown, it became a chat fest about anything Revell, including Ed Sexton, models that should be released, and models that people want but with changes.

Sorry it offended you, but there are topics out there on the Model A and it's been widely discussed that the molds have been damaged. How/when/if the kit will return is a question best asked of someone like Ed Sexton, not the forum "experts" who claim to know.

On 4/19/2019 at 5:20 AM, jefropas said:

Sooo excited for the AAR, third time will hopefully be a charm! 

Jeff

Still, have the original '96? release based on the ex-Monogram '70 Challenger T/A kit, crack in the windshield et all, must be worth a fortune now LOL

3 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Just saw this posted by Revell Europe,  a teaser for the upcoming all-new Land Rover kit, can't wait to see part two.

Drove a couple of different LR's in High School back in 80-82 at the dealership I worked at. Not much for comfort or easy to shift trans but they never got stuck in snow or mud, and we tried hard! Might have to get one for nostalgia's sake.

The AAR 'Cuda appears to be a nice piece (though I admit that the Holley 2300's look so-so... Chief Joseph to the rescue there !) , and is a much welcomed addition --- certainly , at minimum , leaps and bounds above the c.1995 and c.2007 "attempts" .

I'm hoping that in addition to the stock AAR , that the following parts are added :

1.) Single Four Barrel induction and air cleaner

2.) Stock bonnet ( be it a Shaker setup , a twin scoop arrangement , or even a flat "BH" version )

3.) Tyres are properly two different sizes , just like the 'real' car

4.) That the Dana 60 is either replaced with the correct 8 3/4 OR that the Dana is still there in-addition-to a proper 8 3/4

5.) A stock (e.g. , non-AAR) exhaust is an option (to complement the aforementioned single 4 Bbl , etc.)

Thanks for the photos , James ! 

On 4/18/2019 at 10:20 PM, jefropas said:

Sooo excited for the AAR, third time will hopefully be a charm! Also glad for the SS (prices on Ebay are crazy for em lately, hope its an Aero coupe), and the T/A!

Jeff

The box for the AAR 'Cuda states that it is in 1/25th scale and not 1/24th like the others have been. I hope it is so???