Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2019

Mr mopar

I'll have to get a couple of these. The one disappointment might be the carry over NASCAR front seat, beyond that I see nothing but good things for this kit. I noticed that they include the better floor and inner fender part that I think comes from the wagon model. This will make it easier to put wider tires than stock on the front. Great looking mag wheels even if you're not building a Gasser.  

21 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I would love to have Chris subscriber count and views for my YT channel.

Took years and years, buying and building lots and lots of kits and grew on it's own eventually.
It will get there!

1 hour ago, Rusty92 said:

I watch both of your channels and they are great fun. 

Thanks Russ!

There's plenty of room on YT for all of us to find a niche of modelers that like the content. 

I've used Jon's videos to look at all kinds of Asian kits I never even knew about.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

The 70' AAR Cuda and 57' Ford sedan Gasser are out now ! anybody got the Cuda to show us what it looks like ?

The Cuda isn't out yet. The gasser and Cars, lightning mcqueen are out tho. 

On 6/2/2019 at 9:04 AM, hpiguy said:

Thanks Russ!

There's plenty of room on YT for all of us to find a niche of modelers that like the content. 

I've used Jon's videos to look at all kinds of Asian kits I never even knew about.

That there is, plenty of room ,  and I have watched your videos for the the US kits.

That is my goal to cover the none US kits as most of the US guys focus on the American kits.

27 minutes ago, Fish_65 said:

Does anybody know if the "new" AAR is based off the latest '70 Cuda kit, a reissue of the AAR from 1995 or a new tool ?

Near as I can tell, it seems to be based off the latest '70 kit. 

It's based on the new tool '70 Barracuda/ Sox & Martin kit. I got one last Friday (6-14-19). The Hemi valve covers and dual carbs are left in the AAR kit from the earlier releases but the 4 tires are still all of equal size (unlike the real car's staggered sizes). Maybe the AMT parts pack tires will work (?).

Edited by ZTony8

2 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Near as I can tell, it seems to be based off the latest '70 kit. 

I thought the bodysides looked better than the latest '70 kit (not so slabsided) and the roofline looks better than the '95 issue (not a chopped top).

revellaar2.jpg

When I built the 70 Hemi Cuda I think I used the AMT parts pack for tires.  Would be nice to have different sized tires front and back.  I believe the original car was E60x15 front and G60x15 rear?   

39 minutes ago, drodg said:

When I built the 70 Hemi Cuda I think I used the AMT parts pack for tires.  Would be nice to have different sized tires front and back.  I believe the original car was E60x15 front and G60x15 rear?   

Yep the Parts Pack tires in staggered sizes look good on the new tool Cuda.

DSCN4945