Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2019

Mr mopar

2 hours ago, drodg said:

That does look good.   Did you ever do gills on the front fenders?   

I looked at it but don't want to risk all the work I've done so far but screwing up the gills.  I'll just build is as a phantom '71 Hemi "Barracuda"

Edited by afx

7 hours ago, afx said:

I looked at it but don't want to risk all the work I've done so far but screwing up the gills.  I'll just build is as a phantom '71 Hemi "Barracuda"

Or even a Hemi conversion of a Barracuda ( "BH23" ) , perhaps even an M/P competitor . 

For 1971 Plymouth "fudged" the shipping weight for the 'Cuda (more so the convertible) so that it could be campaigned in the highly-competitive SS/E(A) class . I've seen images of "1970" models with "1970" grille , and a decal covering the 1971's gills .

9 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Or even a Hemi conversion of a Barracuda ( "BH23" ) , perhaps even an M/P competitor . 

For 1971 Plymouth "fudged" the shipping weight for the 'Cuda (more so the convertible) so that it could be campaigned in the highly-competitive SS/E(A) class . I've seen images of "1970" models with "1970" grille , and a decal covering the 1971's gills .

The intent is to replicate the '71 Don Grotheer donor car minus the fender gills.  Here is the build thread: 

12 hours ago, afx said:

Those are the ones David.  I used the larger size at the rear and the smaller up front.

Thanks AFX. Just my luck they are sold out everywhere. :(

Does anyone know if these tires come in any kits? It looks like they may come in the AMT `68 Camaro kit? The Olds kit appears to have them, but only the small ones are in that kit. 

46 minutes ago, Matt T. said:

‘68 Camaro kit has six tires, four small & two big. 

Actually, my AMT '68 Camaro came with a complete set of 4 for each tire size, 8 altogether, all of them the tampo-printed white letters.  Was almost worth buying it at HL just for the tires.

I bought mine right after Round 2 reissued it a few years ago.  I believe they're still producing it, did they maybe de-content it and eliminate a pair?

14 hours ago, Hawk312 said:

Thanks AFX. Just my luck they are sold out everywhere. :(

Does anyone know if these tires come in any kits? It looks like they may come in the AMT `68 Camaro kit? The Olds kit appears to have them, but only the small ones are in that kit. 

Yes saw that a few days ago also

2 minutes ago, alexis said:

The Red/orange AMT Camaro at H/L has 8 tires, four small, four large.

Specifically, the AMTT868/12  '68 Camaro Z/28 Retro Deluxe reissue has a set of 4 Goodyear Polyglas GT F60-15 and a set of 4 Goodyear Polyglas GT L60-15 tires.  All with white lettering.   

6 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Specifically, the AMTT868/12  '68 Camaro Z/28 Retro Deluxe reissue has a set of 4 Goodyear Polyglas GT F60-15 and a set of 4 Goodyear Polyglas GT L60-15 tires.  All with white lettering.   

So if I am reading that right, witha half off coupon you get 2 sets of great tires, plus a Camaro kit, for about the same price as a Parts Pack of tires!

Edited by Chris in Berwyn

6 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Anybody got the new AAR Cuda that they can show us all inside the box ?

I bought one yesterday but it's being shipped up from the States so will maybe have it by the end of next week. I'm sure someone else will have one in hand before that.

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Is that grille from the Revellogram 71?

Yep. I modified the 1/24 scale Revellogram grille and front valance to fit the new tool Cuda

DSCN4858

Also grafted in the '71 tail lights

DSCN4884

Here is the project thread:

Edited by afx