Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Falcon B/FX

afx

Bought this built up several years back, the body was never painted but the wheels were cut and the B pillars removed.  Rather than try to restore it I think I'll go the drag car route.  The plan is for a fuel injected 289 which would place it in the B class if I'm not mistaken.  The chassis, engine, interior etc. will come from the Revell Shelby Mustang.

DSCN6265DSCN6268DSCN6269

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

is this a different falcon? if it is you've got too many but i could probably help you out with thinning the falcon heard ?

can't wait to see what you do with it. I've got parts coming in tomorrow for my falcon so im getting started on it soon.

Yep Scott it is another Falcon! 

• I've completed a '61 gasser, 
  • I have a '64 Trans-Am build mostly complete
  • I have a '65 A/FX build in progress
  • I have a '62, '67 and '69 in the stash. :D 
Edited by afx

12 hours ago, afx said:

Yep Scott it is another Falcon! 

• I've completed a '61 gasser, 
  • I have a '64 Trans-Am build mostly complete
  • I have the '65 A/FX build in progress
  • I have a '62, '67 and '69 in the stash. :D 

Nice JC...!  I have the factory stock 66 and 69 to restore once I can get a hold of the needed parts for them....we owned a few Falcons in the family over the years.  If I can mine will be replicas of them we once owned.

41 minutes ago, disabled modeler said:

Nice JC...!  I have the factory stock 66 and 69 to restore once I can get a hold of the needed parts for them....we owned a few Falcons in the family over the years.  If I can mine will be replicas of them we once owned.

Thanks Mark.  My Dad owned several Falcons as well, nothing exciting just daily drivers.  He would buy them used and drive them for a few years before finding a used newer model. Funny thing is I didn't really care for the the cars at the time but I have grown to appreciate them.

23 hours ago, afx said:

Thanks Mark.  My Dad owned several Falcons as well, nothing exciting just daily drivers.  He would buy them used and drive them for a few years before finding a used newer model. Funny thing is I didn't really care for the the cars at the time but I have grown to appreciate them.

Same here...LOL..   We put a few V-8s in some over the years also but most were just straight 6cyl cars with automatics.   The 69 we had tossed a rod on us so we put a 302ci in her...fun..!   

1 hour ago, disabled modeler said:

Same here...LOL..   We put a few V-8s in some over the years also but most were just straight 6cyl cars with automatics.   The 69 we had tossed a rod on us so we put a 302ci in her...fun..!   

After the run of Falcons, Dad moved on to Mavericks.  He had a '72 4-door (yikes) but at least it had a 302!!  I got his hand me down '70 with the straight six - my first car.

2 hours ago, Speedfreak said:

So is this car 1/24th JC?

Its the AMT Annual kit in 1/25 scale Gene.  Just so happens the Revell 1/24 chassis fits pretty well.

Image result for amt '66 falcon

Edited by afx

23 hours ago, afx said:

After the run of Falcons, Dad moved on to Mavericks.  He had a '72 4-door (yikes) but at least it had a 302!!  I got his hand me down '70 with the straight six - my first car.

Id love to build a replica of our old 70 or 71 ? Maverick grabber we once owned...fast little car...LOL..

On 4/16/2019 at 9:29 AM, afx said:

The plan is to install down draft Webers, not fuel injected per se.

It's not inconceivable that Ford could have added a Weber setup to the parts list and given it a Ford part number, thereby making it legal for FX class. Who knows, maybe they actually did! B)

56 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

It's not inconceivable that Ford could have added a Weber setup to the parts list and given it a Ford part number, thereby making it legal for FX class. Who knows, maybe they actually did! B)

According to what I have read the 289 powered B/FX Comets and C/FX Galaxies were running the Shelby intake with down draft Webers.

Image result for factory lightweight drag racing book