[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Johnt671

25 Ford TROG Racer

I've been away from the bench for a while but now I'm back. I was frustrated on a 57 Ford build I was doing and put it aside. Then the end of October Red Dead Redemption 2 arrived and I spent all winter playing that. 

I'm working on a 25 Ford that I want to make into a TROG car so here is the beginning. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

I think I'm going to use the later wheels that are painted blue in the picture, but if the original spoke wheels would be more correct for a TROG let me know.

20190411_142821[1].jpg

20190411_140742[1].jpg

20190410_190645[1].jpg

20190411_171534[1].jpg

20190412_164939[1].jpg

20190414_164637[2].jpg

Edited by Johnt671

Getting there. I suggest some skinnier wheels and tires more in keeping with what are seen at the TROG events. Those wider tires give it too much of a modern street rod rod vibe IMO.

A couple more suggestions from someone who has done a lot of research and built some of this style racer. I notice the engine is painted and assembled so era typical speed eqt choices are somewhat limited to dual carbs and divided exhaust. If you are willing to remove the cyl head there are some nice options from various kit sources.

On 4/17/2019 at 4:52 PM, misterNNL said:

Getting there. I suggest some skinnier wheels and tires more in keeping with what are seen at the TROG events. Those wider tires give it too much of a modern street rod rod vibe IMO.

Thanks for the tips. I'll post a picture later of what I've done. I painted the stock wheels yesterday and already decided to go with a newer flat four. I only have a couple of hop up parts for the fours so what I have left would only work on the later motor. I like to use "odd ball" motors on my builds so I,ve used up almost all of my four cylinder hot rod pasts. I tried fitting what I have on the older motor, but the twin carbs with the header I have pushed everything into the firewall.

I'll post a couple of pictures later.