Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slightly Custom ‘65 Grand Prix

BeakDoc

Beautiful looking Grand Prix, these were some of the best looking body styles for Pontiac. The two tone paint doesn't always work, but you followed the body lines and it works well here. The interior Wood Trim looks perfect, the contrasting color inserts in the rear seat and door panels are close enough in color that they could be mistaken for matching wood finishes. The engine is special. The Super Charger and the Carb. setup in particular look like the old AMT '57 Bel Air kit's unit. I would like to know where all those parts came from. 

4 hours ago, espo said:

I would like to know where all those parts came from. 

David, the blower, belt/pulleys, intake and Webers were in the kit. I stripped  the chrome off the blower parts and painted them to match the block. The kit was the most recent re-pop in the flat box. Cool, easy kit with lots of customization options and extra doodads. Chassis detail is uber-blah, however. Thank you to you and all others for the compliments.

1F9C313C-73EE-46BE-9511-371DA907CF6C.jpeg

E71D0A43-3066-4162-9984-CD4795C653CE.jpeg

5 hours ago, BeakDoc said:

David, the blower, belt/pulleys, intake and Webers were in the kit. I stripped  the chrome off the blower parts and painted them to match the block. The kit was the most recent re-pop in the flat box. Cool, easy kit with lots of customization options and extra doodads. Chassis detail is uber-blah, however. Thank you to you and all others for the compliments.

1F9C313C-73EE-46BE-9511-371DA907CF6C.jpeg

E71D0A43-3066-4162-9984-CD4795C653CE.jpeg

Thank you for the information on this kit. For some reason I passed on the purchase during the last reissue. Based on your build I'm inclined to pick one up the next time I see one. 

Excellent job, really nice color choice.

Currently I have two versions stashed of the recent re-pop, one in white plastic, other in metallic aqua. I notice there are extra parts in the large flat box version (white plastic).

I might use the modern wheels from the Revell's 'California Wheels' issue '62 Impala and see if they go with the Grand Prix, as I intend to use PPP's Holman Moody 9" wheels and tires with the Chevy.

• 2 weeks later...